Convention photo ops

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Captain_Koloth, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain

If you don't want to wait in line for how ever long it is u can buy the vip(priority)ticket,i did this when I went to the Australian comic con(to see William shatner)got to see in less than 10 minutes(I was able to talk to him for a few minutes,i was able to be have priority for autographs and photos over the ones who just brought the normal tickets)It all depends if u want to spend money getting one and which actor you want.my money was well spent that weekend(I also mange to get Robert O'reilly(gowron)and J.G Hertzler(martok) autograph and signed photos.

2. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't say about photo op experiences, because I've never paid for such. But I do have photos of myself with actors from before that horrible trend began. So I totally get wanting such.

If you have a particular favorite, or two or three? It could be worth it for that.

Without having been through that particular procedure though, I can tell you that the bigger a convention is, the more rushed, impersonal, and cattle-call like experience you're going to get.

I've been to small cons and big cons. And Vegas is a MEGA con. It's the grand-daddy big-time super-bowl convention.

Which means more than likely you'll be lucky to spend 15 seconds with the person, maybe 30 at the outset. Yes, you may get a hand-shake. A "nice to meet you" or something else. But you can sometimes get that from an autograph op too.

Really I don't know what to advise you to do other than this: go with your gut.