Breaking Bad Final Half Season

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Chuck Finley, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Maybe he'll go to Argentina... :p

2. Sketcher

Sketcher Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I really feel Marie is gonna be the one to off Walt. I don't know how exactly, but I think her listing of different kinds of poison was foreshadowing.

Perhaps after Walt takes out the Nazis/Gray Matter/Jesse, has reclaimed his Heisenbergy throne, he tries to reconcile with Marie over Hank. She takes advantage of the situation and exacts revenge on the man that has destroyed their entire family and world.

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I think he will live, just with no money, no family, and no honor, with the hint that the cancer will kill him one day soon.

But at this point, who the fuck knows. :lol:

4. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Good catch. And I love the idea.

5. Capt. Vulcan

Capt. Vulcan Vice Admiral Admiral

People speculating about Jesse forgiving Walt. I think that's over. That possibility ended with Walt giving up Jesse under the car, compounded with Walt telling him about what's her face choking to death, not to mention the death of Andrea. I would hate it if the show made him forgive walt.

Like everyone says I think the ricin is for Lydia. The M60 is for the nazi's. I think he get's jesse out but at the end Jesse shoots him. Maybe in the face. The ending is going to be Walt in prison with a scarred face and the respect of the inmates. The final scenes will be him slowly rebuilding his empire from within his cell.

6. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

What? Nobody said Jesse would forgive Walt. Where did you read this??

7. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Walter is never seeing the inside of the jail cell!

8. Chuck Finley

Chuck Finley Commander

Did anyone catch the whole cast on Conan last night? It was pretty cool. No spoilers of course, but still Awsome to have them all there joking and laughing together instead of hating each other.

9. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Yeah I missed the beginning and didn't know the line-up, so it was all a great surprise. Though with so many people out there the "interviews" had to be fairly superficial. What was with Jonathan Banks not shaking Conan's hand? I assume he was just being "in character" for fun. The musical guests were the perfect ending.

10. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Damn, I missed Conan. I'll try and watch it online. Thanks for the tip.

ETA: Here it is for anyone who wants to watch it.

This is totally based off one interview, and may not mean anything, but during the red carpet interviews for the Emmys on one of the local LA stations here, he didn't seem like the kind of guy who enjoyed that type of thing (interviews, promotional appearances, and so forth) or was even interested in appearing to enjoy it. He was very short and gruff with the interviewers, and actually called them out on a couple of the usual vapid red carpet interview questions. They looked almost as uncomfortable as he did by the end of it, before plastering on the fake smiles again for the next person.

11. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They should probably have ended the series with Walt dying in the cabin.

The plotting has fallen to pieces so it's very unlikely that there is anything but guesswork as to the finale. Any organic unity to the plot is as extinct as the dodo. Since anything at all can happen, the queston is: Does it matter?

I also saw the Talking Bad. Matt Jones was at least honest, he and everyone else who still roots for Walt admires strength, even when it's a product of arbitrary plotting. Jesse's moral culpability is greatest for Crazy Eight and Gale, which is quite enough. He is entirely innocent of culpability for Andrea. Logically, the poison gas defense from first season should occur to Jesse. Jesse is actually fairly shrewd when his brain isn't messed up. Todd's detox program is not actually in Todd's longterm interest. However, giving Jesse a win violates Walt is the baddest (strongest) winnerest of them all theme.

Todd again is vitally important for the other offscreen action, which thankfully was minimized. When the Aryan Brotherhood has to shout out that "the heart wants what the heart wants," I'm sorry, but that really is as much of an official ackowledgement that you can get that Todd is just a bundle of plot desiderata, not a real character.

12. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

I forgot about that. Doesn't bode well for Jesse's future. He either dies or will likely be in line for a long prison term, (though I wonder if we'll be shown any confirmation of this).

13. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I still vote for Jesse kills Walt & himself simultaneously

The End

14. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

One thing I forgot to mention before: I love that Charlie Rose makes a cameo in this episode, mere weeks after guesting alongside Cranston, Gunn, Paul, and Gilligan in Stephen Colbert's music video of "Get Lucky."

15. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

16. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Wow, that's pretty cool and gives even greater dimension to Kevin Cordasco 's tragic story.

17. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

18. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Sad, but I have to agree with Aaron Paul on something.

Why is an 8, or 10 year old watching this vey mature show?!?!

I found out what happens to Jesse. A faith worst than death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SEL27xiJGQ

He overbid but $132. :lol:

19. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

He was sixteen when he died this year, so probably eleven when the show started if he watched it from the beginning. I doubt there's anything on the show that an eleven - sixteen-year-old hadn't already heard of.

Who's going to tell a kid who's dying of cancer that they're not old enough to watch a mature-themed TV series? He's been through shit most adults can't possibly fathom.

Plus, he related to the battle with cancer, so the show had a deeper meaning to him.

20. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain