The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

dude from Uncanny X-Force looks like he's about to pistol-whip Madam Hydra. who's the green bloke next to FF Spidey? and is that Daken Dark Wolverine in front?

2. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

The green guy is Drax the Destroyer. Yes, that is Daken in front of them.

The same thought about Fantomex occurred to me as well. His guns are very oddly shaped.

3. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I have the Star Trek Barbie and Ken, the Twilight Mattel dolls, and have the Mattel Katniss doll on preorder. I have the complete series of Christmas/Holiday Barbies, plus assorted other dolls. I have some Franklin Mint and Danbury Mint Princess Diana (wedding and other outfits), Prince William and Catherine wedding dolls. I also have several American Girl dolls and finally I have some Playmates Voyager crew dolls. :D

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    The upcoming (and San Diego Comic Con-exclusive) Jar Jar Binks in Carbonite figure.

This might very well be the stupidest waste of plastic I've seen in the 3-3/4" STAR WARS line in years...and that includes all the lame, repetitive repaints and repacks that clog store pegs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. OdoWanKenobi

It made me chuckle for a second, but I would never waste money on it. Especially not at con-exclusive prices. Oh well, saves me the headache of trying to hunt it down. The only thing stupider than Hasbro's distribution is HasbroToyShop.com

6. cooleddie74

It never fails to amaze and disappoint me. Hasbro will make this nougated turd, but not a Vintage Collection Uncle Owen or Aunt Beru. The company complains about making a slew of all-new-from-scratch figures because of the tooling costs involved(thus all the repaints and repacks we have to put up with), but they go out of their way to produce something like this that most serious collectors will scoff and roll their eyes at.

I mean...we get this, but not a Clone Trooper or Stormtrooper whose removable helmet is the correct size and shape and won't turn yellow? :brickwall: :scream:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  7. OdoWanKenobi

Uh oh, more Hasbro bashing. Here, have some Hot Toys Terminator 2 to calm you down:
    [​IMG]

8. cooleddie74

Dayum.

Sweeeeeeeeet. :drool:

9. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

oh man, those are nice.

10. cooleddie74

That looks more like 1991 Linda Hamilton than 2012 Linda Hamilton does.

11. OdoWanKenobi

That's funny, because I felt the likeness on Sarah is easily the weakest of the three. :lol:

12. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wish I had enough money to afford Hot Toys. They make some pretty awesome stuff.

13. OdoWanKenobi

I really don't any more. The prices have skyrocketed so much over the past couple of years, that I've been priced out of the market. I cannot justify dropping $200 on a single figure, no matter how amazing it looks.

14. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i sometimes feel bad for spending $50 on those SH Figuarts Kamen Rider figures.

15. cooleddie74

Good example...but I feel sorry for the folks who go on eBay and spend $99.99 plus shipping and handling for an action figure that's only a year or two old. I have holes in my collection too, but you're not going to see me blowing a hundred bucks on one single action figure, no matter how hard it was to find in stores. Not an action figure that's four inches tall or shorter. If it were a foot or 18 inches in height, was a spitting image of the TV or movie character and came in a great-looking box? Maybe. Possibly yes. But not a small blister-carded figure that was in retail stores since the last midterm Congressional elections.

16. OdoWanKenobi

While I'm on a roll, I might as well show these babies off as well:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Here are a few of my Star Trek stuff.

Star Trek Micro Machines:
    [​IMG]
    Not sure why the packaging differences, same exact ships inside.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TNG mini playset
    [​IMG]

18. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have Katniss Barbie on pre-order, too. :lol: I haven't even seen the movie yet, but love the books.

19. cooleddie74

Just released online: the first photograph of the finalized packaging for the Episode I-based Trade Federation MTT with Battle Droids and Obi-Wan Kenobi figure.

Retail price: $140.00 - $150.00

[​IMG]

The Obi-Wan Kenobi figure included looks like a kitbash of a 1999 head with a later body. I'm not terribly impressed. The Droids look better than he does.

[​IMG]

20. OdoWanKenobi

I'm right there with ya. The crazy thing is, I think that body actually has worse articulation than the '99 one. Also, the whole thing is inaccurate anyways. The droids came out on multiple racks, all folded up in the film, yet here they're all standing up.