Batman's greatest lover?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agenda, Jul 22, 2012.

?

Batman's greatest love interest

1. Vicki Vale

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. Catwoman

22 vote(s)
    59.5%
  3. Talia al Ghul

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  4. Wonder Woman

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  5. Rachel Dawes

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  6. Other

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Well the Batcave is Gotham's vagina.He likes to spend a lot of time in there.But he is into foreplay, so he covers all parts of Gotham all night long before ending things in the cave.

2. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I never had any feel for Julie Madison (Bruce's Golden Age girlfriend) as a character, until Matt Wagner used her in his Bad Moon Rising series. I found her very effective as a character there, and it was heartbreaking when she left him.

I'm also quite fond of Andrea Beaumont from Mask of the Phantasm.

3. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
  4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was a man and a woman, what could two guys possibly do with each other in the same bed but sleep? Sheesh....

5. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I chortle at Bruce's boner! :razz:

Anyway, he and Catwoman make a good couple, but I kind of like seeing him with Wonder Woman. To be honest though, I think he works well with pretty much every lady he's been paired with. Talia... Vicki Vale... Zatanna... Lois Lane... You name 'em. Has he been with Barbara Gordon? I think that's the only one I can't see him with.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm more concerned about the other three.

There's nothing wrong with being gay, but apart form the black list and McCarthy, closeted homosexuals hiding their true nature in the 50s is hilarious, and really... In their thoughts, the women who Flash, the Atom and Jordan loved with their heart of hearts had to be further refernced with both thier christain and surnames?

With that creep Jordan, I suppose you could argue that he's banging 4 girls named Carol at any one time, but the other two? That's a little too formal to talk about someone they're getting jiggy with. I smell beards! Jordan used to sell toys door to door. If that isn't a trojan horse of a job I have never seen one, but he's going from house to house, from street to street looking for women who like to make babies during school hours.

How much action must that job have gotten him?

Most house wives in the 50s drank till midday and then tried to sober up before school let out.

Fish in a barrel.

7. Guy Gardener

Imagine telling your best friend that you knocked up his (adult) daughter.

Barbara Gordon is out of bounds until Jim Gordon is dead.

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Didn't "Batman: The Animated Series" and "Batman Beyond" imply that a relationship between Barbara and Bruce occurred at some point?

All Star Batman and Robin of course showed Bruce and Dinah have sex in costume IIRC. Way before the hubbub regarding Bruce and Selina in "Catwoman #1" happened.

9. Guy Gardener

They dated in the 80s. Alan Davis was the regular artist.

10. Admiral_Young

Interesting. I didn't actually know that. I thought that was just some thing Miller had tossed in there lol.

11. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

They sure did. I remember being grossed out at the time because she used to be Dick's girlfriend. Beyond the whole "Bros before hos," betrayal there's also the whole, "You don't stick your dick in the same hole your son did," creepy incest vibe. Though Bruce may have a loophole since Dick is adopted, though he may have a bigger loophole since in the TAS universe Dick was just his ward. But the emotional bond is father/son so it's just nasty in my mind.

12. Admiral_Young

Yeah, I thought so. I remember in I think "Epilogue" we see photos of women that Bruce has cared about. Diana and Babs were among them. I think it was also heavily speculated at the time this was revealed that it could have been the wedge that drove Dick and Bruce apart.

13. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Hard to tell if that was the straw that broke the camels back. By the time of TNBA Dick was kind of living up to his name.

14. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think Michael Jackson was in his 40's for most of that.

15. Lapis Exilis

Lapis Exilis Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Asking what's the best romance in Batman is like asking what's the best fight scene in the Harlequin romance novels. There isn't one - it's just not the genre for it. I've read one or two fanfics that manage a decent romance while keeping Batman true to character and managing to stick pretty close to the action genre, but it's never going to happen in the comics or any other mainstream version of Batman because the target audience isn't interested. "'Cause she's really hot" suffices for the justification for a romance in Batman and that doesn't actually cut it for writing a compelling love story.

16. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

There's a scene right at the beginning of Mystery of the Batwoman where Barbara calls Bruce and is all flirty with him. I remember having a reaction of "Ewww, that's really weird and creepy."

17. Guy Gardener

Has Rachel Dawes crossed over into the comics?

Does Poison Iyy count when she has him mesmerized with love potions?

If that counts, then I suppose that the Mad Hatter could have just as easily slipped Bruce some tongue over the years if he was so inclined.

18. zakkrusz

zakkrusz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For me it's probably Andrea Beaumont from Mask of the Phantasm.

19. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

I voted Selina. I like Zee with him too, but Selina's my favorite match for him. Blame The Animated Series.

I think this is made explicit in either comics or an episode... something about Dick partnering with Tim for a bit and some backstory being filled in about how Bruce and Dick became bitterly estranged, between Bruce being controlling and Barbara falling in love with him despite the age difference and her prior relationship with Dick. I always liked Timm's Nightwing, even if he was more bitter than the comics version.

20. Guy Gardener

In English, is it Talia Head, or Talia Demon?

I had a pretty ginger neighbour girl named Talia when I was a boy, but that doesn't mean that Talia isn't (imaginary? )Arabic for something sly?

Dew Head?

Cool.