POST YOUR UNIFORM DESIGNS!!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Danlav05, Dec 4, 2012.

1. JJohnson

JJohnson Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Longinus, these are great designs! It makes much more sense than just using the movie jackets without the collars, and makes the transition to TNG much easier to see. Well done!

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

These are my fav :) :techman:

3. KalEl

KalEl Lieutenant Commander

That is similar to my crude drawing from about 2 years ago. I came up with a Federation Cavalry idea prior to TNG which had TOS departmental colors.

[​IMG]

The rest would be blue and yellow, but I only made the red one.

4. Titan Designer

Titan Designer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As you all know I have done a few uniform designs from here and there.

Here is a little sampling of some of my Federation designs over the years.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Kaiser

Is there a Ribbon award chart made for the first pic or is it just random arrangement? :)

6. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

I have seen these elsewhere - UTTER UTTER perfection. I've seen ones where there's only black on the jacket on the top, but this is great, applying the TNG look to the movie jacket.

Would love to see these in a fanfilm more somewhere. My only change will be to make the undershirt black with a red rim on the collar, like in the TV show.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  7. Titan Designer

Titan Designer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

just random.

8. Epsilon IX

Epsilon IX Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I made this design a short while back. It's hand-drawn so it's not 100% accurate. This would be the Class-A uniform:

[​IMG]

9. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

It was used in official publications like the Star Trek Encyclopedia starting during the TNG era; the original appears to be based upon a photograph of an extra wearing a blue science jumpsuit that appeared in issue #3 of the Star Trek The Next Generation Magazine published by Starlog Press.

10. DestinyCaptain

DestinyCaptain Commander Red Shirt

It's the body of Ensign Youngblood. The photo is the same Dennis mentioned. You can look him up on Memory Alpha. Oh, and Longinus... Those are the best designs EVER. They are my personal fav. Makes much more sense as a daily uniform, while the Monster Maroon would just be for formal dress and such.

11. Admiral Buzzkill

Exactly.

Oddly, doing a Google image search I couldn't find that particular photo of him anywhere.

Did these quite a few years ago:

[​IMG]

And even used the same template when I was working out costumes for Polaris:

[​IMG]

12. Danlav05

These are the ones! - TOS with a TNG vibe - what if the show was rebooted in the 90s...? ;)

13. Admiral Buzzkill

Thanks. Before we started on Polaris another idea a couple of us kicked around was doing a fan film in a sort of "TOS variant" setting. We even had a starship design:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It wasn't actually going to be the Enterprise, but a couple of years later Anthony over at Trekmovie.com wanted illustrations for what the JJPrise might look like, so I slapped the 1701 registry on this one and rendered it out again.

14. Kaiser

beautiful ship there :)

15. Danlav05

Oh cool. Out of interest what was the premise? Apart from the ship and uniform designs how far did it go? I look forward to POLARIS!

16. JJohnson

JJohnson Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This is what the "JJ-Prise" should have looked like. It looks like the original, but with much more detail. I can accept the torpedo tube, if only because everything else fits with what the original Enterprise looked like, just movie-level detail. I think Vektor (another) and deg3D did movie-detail versions also that were really good. Pick one of these three and put them in the next TOS movie. Drop JJ-prise as soon as possible and issue an apology for it.

17. Longinus

Longinus Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That ship is amazing! Is there more pics of it somewhere?

18. Admiral Buzzkill

I might be able to render one or two more out.

I like the Church/Abrams version of the Enterprise very much, and can't imagine why they would choose now to back off from the design direction they're taking in the features (and I'm quite sure they never will). What I do with things like this is fun - I like it, and I'm appreciative that other people do - but it's not design really. It's a kind of visual pastiche, which is why I put credits on the images for the artists who did design just about every element of it.

19. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

These are all great. Looking foreward to seeing more.

20. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

I've got at least 2 different ones that look somewhat like that on my hard drive SOMEwhere... :)

I always liked the "monster maroon" pattern, but using TOS division colors for the jacket and pant stripe myself...