The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

*taps lightly* Excuse me, sorry to interupt but I'd like ask a question.

Did Darly and Beth have sex this episode? They were in the kitchen pulling down food from the cabinet, then the scene cuts to another group for a few moments. When it cuts back to the house they are entering the kitchen, Darly is carrying Beth and they are both giggling like children. They then proceed to consume the food they found earlier.

Is that accurate or did I doze off and miss something?

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

You know most of that was mentioned in press releases and on Talking Dead before hand don't you? Most notably the prison and the governor. No need to read the comics to have known about them.

Hunters and cannibals just goes with the the setting. Not a spoiler unless your entirely new to ZA fiction in general.Nagel, I've heard the name mentioned and that he's bad, but not in what way.

Again, half this stuff comes from casting announcements and press releases. Best to stay out of the thread if you don't want spoilerage of any kind.

3. Conundrum

Conundrum Commodore Commodore

A spoiler is a spoiler regardless of the source.

Keep trying.

4. sojourner

Then get used to being spoiled.

5. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If they did (which I don't think they did) they never said a word about it or even implied it.
    I'm pretty sure he was just carrying her in from playing the piano, remember she got her foot caught in an animal trap earlier in the episode.

6. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

That's too much like Conundrum exercising self control to avoid things that are speculation.

7. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

It never turns out well when people are overly spoiled.

8. TREK_GOD_1

I do not believe they had sex. By the time they were having a moment at the table, it is possible something was on the horizon, but it was interrupted by the walker attack.

9. TREK_GOD_1

How many die of brain injury--or incidents where the brain is damaged? Examples include suicide by firearm, high impact collision, a fall...? Of the 150,000, subtract deaths were reanimation is not possible.

10. TREK_GOD_1

Translation: you have a need to defend creatively challenged writers who know they had no idea how to create an interesting explanation. Further, the ZA origin is not the only point audiences have criticized, but please--continue defending this rock-solid concept if that satisfies you.

11. sojourner

FTFY.

12. TREK_GOD_1

Pay attention to the report: if its "sweeping across the eastern seaboard of the United States," and as far as we know, the ZA occurred not long before the start of the film, yet less than 24 hours later, the report indicates the spread, what does that tell you? It was not "it was a much smaller situation" as stated earlier.

Does the eastern seaboard--imagine the size and estimated population--hit by the ZA sound like a "smaller situation" to you?

13. Silvercrest

I think those numbers would be a little harder to come up with. Particularly since the only damage that's supposed to prevent reanimation is severing of the brain stem. I wonder how easily you could isolate those in the statistics.

Although the show has also been fudging on that issue too. It seems to treat any headshot as sufficient to take down a walker no matter which part of the head it hits. But that's relatively minor and I just ignore it; I just assume that artistic license is at work and the injury is a little lower down than it appears.

14. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

Those numbers would in actuality be pretty marginal. Car accidents make up about 2% of deaths, and suicide about 1%. Now of those in which the brain is injured is probably a good deal less. It's certainly not worth making a distinction for except to be extremely anal.

15. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

[​IMG]

Please. For the love of god. Use it.

16. Conundrum

Conundrum Commodore Commodore

Seriously, do you honestly think people are that stupid?

I mean seriously?

You just need to stop embarrassing yourself by trying to pass it off as innocent speculation.

17. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Oh, I'm sorry, are you making excuses for the writing now? Tsk, tsk. I thought you were above such things! You certainly seem to imply that by the way you've been crying and pouting at everyone else in the thread who've made very simple and logical assumptions about what likely happened in The Walking Dead.

Yes, it does, when compared to a rapid onset and global infestation as Jenner suggested in TWD, that is a minor situation. Especially when you're bitching about how awesome the military should have handled what happened in TWD. Which, you know, was the whole point of that particular part of the conversation (even if you're feebly trying to spin it otherwise).

Nevermind that they had plenty of time in NOTLD to have scientists and experts speculate and throw out hair-brained explanations for what was going on. "It was Venus probe radiation, herp-a-derp!" Which, incidentally, means they had plenty of time to round up the troops, arm them, and send them in to deal with the situation. It also means the fucking people who were listening to it on the radio should have had some clue about what was happening since, again, those scientists sure had enough time to not only concoct crazy reasons for what happened, but managed to get organized enough to report and discuss it on television.

But nope, all we get is a little posse of local deputies rounding things up at the end. No sign of the military anywhere. Even though, according to you, they should have been there and had it handled INSTANTLY. Because they're the fucking MILITARY, man! Rambos, every last one of them!!!

18. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ahhh yes, that makes sense then. I must have somehow got the timeline of events switched. Thanks! :cool:

That reminds me of another question, did we even see Beth exit the house before the car drove off? Last time I remember seeing her is when she handed Daryl the Xbow.

19. Silvercrest

I don't think so, but Daryl found her pack (or some item of hers) on the ground. So either she was outside and they nabbed her, or the car people only tried to grab her stuff -- and failed.

20. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I don't think so. There was the scene later on when she kept asking him why he changed his mind, he hinted that he had feelings for her, and she was somewhat taken aback.

Dude, you really have to learn to multi-quote. You're spamming. If a Mod notices you, you will get a warning.