Details of 9 Minute Preview Revealed *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Gojira, Dec 10, 2012.

1. EyalM

EyalM Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^^ Probably one of those pesky ionospheres...

2. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well the planet does seem to have some sort of big volcanic eruption issues.

Besides, I'd rather see some new cool ocean-Enterprise shots than see standard orbit or hide behind a moon shots.

3. Wynterhawk

Wynterhawk Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

After watching it, some of my 'fears' have been dismissed. I still have one or two niggling in the back of my mind, but of course have to watch the film first before passing judgement. Cumberbatch seems suitably menacing. :techman:

4. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

I'm gonna vote Sybok.
    1. Spock and Cumberbatch's hand thing.
    2. What would you do for family
    3. Blames Federation for not saving Vulcan
    4. Can he "save" the little girl, or take away the pain from the parents?

5. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

That would be like Nero 2.0, I hope his motivation is going to be a little more convincing.

6. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

7. Balrog

Balrog Commodore Commodore

I heard Abrams isn't revealing Cumberbatch's character until his fifth Star Trek installment, Star Trek Is Not That Into You.

8. EyalM

EyalM Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think the "what would you do for your family" might be referring to the parents of the little girl, who Cumberbatch, I'm guessing, tries to extort in return for the cure.

9. SalvorHardin

I'm thinking he might be saying that to the parents of the sick little girl. Maybe he wants something from them in exchange for the cure.

10. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Abrams is seriously taking the piss now. The big nine minute preview attached to one of the year's most anitcipated movies has a character ask Cumberbatch who he is and he refuses to answer?

Remember back when Bermand and Braga themselves gave away the ending to Enterprise episodes, especially the finale of season 2? I miss that kind of opennes from Trek's ruling class.

11. SalvorHardin

I wonder if the Enterprise has some sort of landing gear. Or it is just hovering above the ocean floor.

12. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

By the next movie, I expect it to have wheels.

13. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

preview 9 minutes:

“Kirk asks McCoy what Spock would do if it were him inside the volcano in peril in a situation where any effort to help is going to violate the Prime Directive. McCoy growls,” He’d let you die,”

I like it. It reminds me my old Star Trek.

14. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Considering it's a sealed environment full of air, I'd say the word you're looking for is floating. :)

Seriously though, they'd be exerting energy to keep the ship below the surface. ...unless they have ballast tanks ready for just such an occasion. ;)

15. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

Vengeance is always contrived. If you were wronged in the past, it means you won't have the means to take vengeance, or else those folks wouldn't have had the guts to wrong you in the first place. So all you can provide is nerd rage - unless somebody hands you an implausible superweapon (the treasure of the Count of Monte Christo, the thalaron device of Shinzon, whatever). And when you have an implausible superweapon, the revenge thing becomes completely superfluous; it would be much more interesting to watch you use a superweapon for some more measured purpose than personal pleasure, or perhaps sweat how not to use it because you are a decent guy at heart.

Oh, well. If the Cumberbatch character has superpowers, I sort of hope they are inherently related to the character rather than to the quest for revenge. Nero at least had that going for him: his planet-killing weapon was his regular tool of trade, not something dropped in his lap like a Genesis device.

Timo Saloniemi

16. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

If Kirk's old ship massed nearly a million tons ("Mudd's Women") yet was just a thousand feet long ("Enterprise Incident"), she would not have been even remotely buoyant despite being full of air. I suppose the same goes for the new Kirk's new ship.

Timo Saloniemi

17. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Actually, it was dropped into his lap. All Nero had originally was a big drill. It was relatively harmless until he snagged R̶̶a̶̶m̶̶b̶̶a̶̶l̶̶d̶̶i̶̶̶̶'s Spock's red-matter super-stuff that only takes a drop to suck up a supernova.

18. SalvorHardin

Then it could not only rape childhoods but run them over as well.
    Neat.:bolian:

19. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

*burning jealousy*
    But yay that it gets your thumbs up!:)

20. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's not Garth and it's not Mitchell.