Justice League: War (animated movie)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Out Of My Vulcan Mind, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jay Oliva did talk about some of the art work being highly detailed and dynamic to be totally translatable to animation. I thought for sure though that they would get his costume designs in there. Batman's Tron suit would have been interesting to see lol.

Also the writer talked about Geoff Johns making sure various moments were included in the film, so it looks like we can look forward to ass hole Hal and the single most stupid moment in the first arc to me when Bruce reveals his identity to Hal in the middle of their battle with Darkseid.

The cast though I will say looks impressive as usual.

2. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
    They didn't change Flash's costume much at the end of "Flashpoint Paradox," either.

Looking forward to this one.

3. Admiral_Young

^ It was still basically his New 52 costume though that appeared at the end, and same with Bruce as well. There were the slight tweaks. Probably the segmented lines were gone from Bruce's suit.

4. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
    Yeah, sorry, that was what I meant.

5. Admiral_Young

6. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

New 52 Shazam can say Shazam because in order to transform he has to say it WITH PURPOSE!!!

7. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

They were both new to the job at this point so I can forgive that. The story itself was an okay origin story and worked in its own way, but it had two or three issues of story spread out over six issues.

8. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

That is not my issue with Shazam. My problem is that Billy never seems to gain the Wisdom of Solomon when he transforms. He should call himself Haz-Am!

9. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Here's the trailer:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69ILNSlQhXQ[/yt]

10. Admiral_Young

I'm not sure I like the costume tweaks...still don't like the fact they're using Billy instead of Arthur in this either, but will still probably check it out.

11. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

The art style looked fine, but damn, the animation looked like it was about 2 frames per second. It was more like a stop motion comic.

12. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I hope this will feel smoother than the books themselves did. Not sure I like Shazam being a big player in this but it makes more sense than Aquaman at the start of the team.

13. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I think I read that they removed Aquaman because they're saving him for a solo movie (or at least an Aquaman-centric JL movie; James Tucker recently said their plan is to do a series of JL-labeled movies centered on individual heroes).

14. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I hope the story turns out much better than the comic. As for the roster, Captain Marvel is my favorite DC hero, and tied as my favorite comic character ever. If he acts like the real Cap and not Geoff Johns Captain A**hat (aka "Shazam") thats in the New 52, then I'll enjoy the change, even though I happen to think Aquaman is a pretty cool character. Since the people who make the DC Animated movies seem to have a talent for adapting comic stories along with their original stuff, I'm hopeful. They made me really enjoy The Dark Knight Returns, so if anyone can make a good JL story with Johns idiotic storyline as the basis, its the DC animated movies people.

15. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

What the hell did they do to WW's costume?? I was one of the few people who really liked the redesign, but whatever they did to it here looks awful.

16. Admiral_Young

Yeah Diana's costume looks awful in this.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of the art style her. The Wonder Woman redesign is especially weird. I'm three or four movies behind, but I've liked pretty much all of the ones I've seen so I'll still be checking this one out.

18. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

maybe after this film we will get an adaption of the Throne of Atlantis story.

19. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Throne of Atlantis was the Aqua/JL crossover right? That was a pretty good story.

20. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Ugh.

So the time has come. The "New 52!" is now going to be the central dominate setting for everything DC. If that's so with this new Justice League: War movie, screw it. I want nothing with the DC universe anymore. Wonder Woman was my absolute fave before the New 52 screwed her royally by issue 3 of her comic. My favorite Amazons are now man hating, child slavery endorsing, cold-blooded murderers who are depicted as being so evil and so dumb that they can't even make their own weapons and armor without selling their children to hellish demons. Both in the comics and in the previous Wonder Woman movie, they were the good guys! A whole army of female warriors fighting evil! That was awesome. But we can't have awesome female anything in this new 52 because that would detract from our superstars Batman and Superman, so we'll just have Brian retool Wonder Woman to be the most male dependent character in the entire line up.

Remember how the classic Wonder Woman came into the world thanks to Hippolyte's want for a child and presented Diana to her Amazon sisters declaring "I give you your Princess. I give you our daughter!". Well, obviously that was the stupidest thing in existence because now Diana has her sidekick "Wonder Girl"'s origin by being the bast*** child of Zeus, and it's strongly implied by Hippolyte in her five-page, highly detailed explanation about how awesome the sex with Zeus was that Diana was a complete accident. Oh, and be sure to make Hippolyte blonde because we want to make sure that Wonder Woman has more traits from Zeus than her own mother. Oh, and Hippolyte is now turned to stone and the Amazons turned into snakes, because why develop them as characters when we can focus on the "New Gods" that the writer and artist seem to be more interested in than Wonder Woman herself?

Surely there's got to be some semblance of Wonder Woman's Amazon origin, like her fighting skills? Nope. Let's do an issue #0 where Ares was the one to train Diana to be a competent warrior and further show how the ways of an all female group of women are weak compared to manly gods! Because Ares is the god of war and he's very popular with the Amazon culture! We obviously can't have Athena, goddess of war have anything to do with Wonder Woman, because that would take away her "male dependency" in the comic.

I hate the "New 52", and you can bet all the comics in the DC line up that I will not support this New 52 Wonder Woman in any way. But I would like to thank the animation department for making it easier by giving her that dreadful outfit.

But hey, if this is your thing, more power too ya. Just know that DC animation has about as much faith in Wonder Woman as they do with any other character who isn't Batman or Superman. They aren't interesting characters in their own right unless they're directly associated with Batman/Superman.