General Pro Wrestling News and Discussion Thread Part Deux!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Would love to see Bully Ray back in the WWE, he has never been better in his entire career than he is right now. Van Dam is done no need to return him to the big stage.

2. Ghost Bones

Ghost Bones Captain Captain

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

So Survivor Series predictions for tonight (not going to watch since I'll be out of the house tonight) and honestly don't care much but here goes:

-Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre Vs Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel.

Winners: Kidd and Gabriel

-Big Show (c) Vs Sheamus (World Heavyweight Champion Match)

Winner: Big Show

-Eve (c) Vs Kaitlyn (Divas Championship)

Winner: Eve

-Antonio Ceasro (c) Vs R Truth (United States Championship)

Winner: R-Truth

-CM Punk (c) Vs Ryback Vs John Cena (Triple Threat Match For WWE Championship)

Winner: CM Punk

-Team Foley (The Miz, Kofi Kingston, Team Hell No, and Randy Orton) Vs Team Ziggler ( Dolph Ziggler, Team Rhodes Scholars, Wade Barrett, and Alberto Del Rio)

Winners: Team Folely

Keep in mind that I've not been watching much at all. These are really just whim picks.

4. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Well I survived the Survivor series. Some good matches in there but the crowd was just dead most of the night. Liked Show/Sheamus, and the two classic matches. The Triple threat again had to find a unique way to take out Ryback and it did, but do we really want Rock/Punk in January?

5. Ghost Bones

Fucking pish. Both world title matches have stupid endings. The SS match was ok, though the ending was this completely recycled: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLwNTI2Cam4
    I knew how it would end soon as Orton started going for his kunt pick.

6. Ghost Bones

7. Ghost Bones

8. Admiral_Young

^ I think so. I've pretty much given up.

9. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

I'm still watching, yeah, but I find myself opting to live in the past more and more.

I doubt I'll ever completely abandon wrestling fandom, but I'm certainly not as enthusiastic as I used to be. I can't decide if that's the business's fault, my fault for not moving with the times, a combination of these things, or just the fact that wrestling in general probably isn't as exciting to me as it was in my youth.

10. Ghost Bones

Can't say my enthusiasm's that high on the whole either.

11. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Heck, I mostly come HERE for updates on how things are progressing/not progressing. I'll look in once in a while, but I haven't watched televised wrestling events on a regular basis for a few years now.

12. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I quit watching Raw probably 3 weeks ago. About the only Wrestling fix i'm getting now is WWE Main Event on wednesday, and TNA impact on thursdays. I've been having more fun with WWE 13 using the rosters how i'd use them.

13. Admiral_Young

So um...they're putting Ziggler's Money in the Bank contract on the line against Cena? Oh dear.

14. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I caught that too. Sad.

15. Admiral_Young

I honestly thought that they would have given him his chance by now. I think my original prediction was at Survivor Series. I've been really thrown off and discouraged by the things they've been doing right now. That was the only segment I bothered to watch. I kind of like the idea of the Shield, but I'm kind of waiting again for something truly exciting to happen. I doubt that will occur...but until then I'm just basically following stuff online.

16. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

I said this elsewhere, but it's relevant here too:
    The idea that they might be giving Cena Ziggler's briefcase because doing so is somehow going to prevent Ziggler from becoming a credible, long-term main eventer really holds no water. Ziggler doesn't have to be a champion of any kind to be a main event talent. All he has to do is feud with the right people and either go over on them or else get enough 'rub' from them that he comes out looking like a winner even if he didn't win. This feud with Cena has gotten him as over as he's ever been, and even if he doesn't emerge from it victorious, he'll still be in the main event picture in some fashion.

Given that he's already lost to Cena once, I personally think he'll come out of TLC with the briefcase, but it won't be the end of the world - or the end of his relevance as a main event-caliber guy - if he doesn't.

17. Mr Silver

Mr Silver Commodore Newbie

Wrestlemania is a difficult one, but here are three scenarios that make sense to me, based upon the dirtsheet ramblings:

Scenario 1

CM Punk (WWE Champion) vs. Undertaker (Royal Rumble Winner?) - "Streak vs. Title"
    Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar - "3 Stages of Hell" (Cage, Falls Anywhere, Last Man Standing)
    John Cena vs. The Rock - "Twice in a Lifetime?"
    Ryback vs. The Big Show
    Royal Rumble Winner? vs. World Heavyweight Champion
    Sheamus vs. Randy Orton

Scenario 2

CM Punk (Royal Rumble Winner?) vs. The Rock (WWE Champion) vs. John Cena (Royal Rumble Winner?)
    Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker
    Royal Rumble Winner? or Ryback vs. World Heavyweight Champion
    Sheamus vs. Randy Orton
    Kane vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Wade Barrett vs. Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz vs. Antonio Cesaro vs. Damien Sandow/Cody Rhodes/Sin Cara/Rey Mysterio (Wrestlemania MITB)

Scenario 3

John Cena (Royal Rumble Winner) vs. The Rock (WWE Champion) - Cena wins
    CM Punk vs. The Undertaker
    Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar
    Sheamus (World Heavyweight Champion) vs. Randy Orton
    Rey Mysterio vs. Sin Cara

18. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree with what you're saying here, I also have to point out that the MitB briefcase does nothing for Cena nor does Cena bring any prestige to the briefcase. So, whats the point in taking it off Ziggler? He benefits plenty from the briefcase. Recently in an interview, a reporter mentioned that Ziggler's been a World Champion, Ziggler responded: "Technically." He went on to explain that he doesn't really count that one, though.

Sure, you and I agree he belongs in the main event, but I think he deserves more than (former one-time World Champion) being an afterthought when he is mentioned.

19. Admiral_Young

I don't even want to think about how they're going to frak up Wrestlemania. I also agree with Satyrquaze regarding the Ziggler/Cena thing. I wasn't implying with my comment that Cena was going to win, I just thought the entire concept of the match was stupid. Zigs could obviously win the match. Even the possibility of him losing is boring to me. I just don't ge the point of the match.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  20. CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky More than meets the eye Rear Admiral