DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Yep. The best way is setting everything at "Year "0" and have a real plan.

2. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Ahh, sorry.

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I would be quite happy if the whole Pandora storyline results in the New 52 characters re-remembering their Post-Crisis continuity :p

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ That most likely won't occur. They should have rebooted clean, but we all know the reasons why that didn't happen by now since it's been repeated several times in the thread. I doubt that we will return to the previous DCU. They'll just continue to do what they've been doing since the relaunch and tweak and retcon where they feel is needed (even though it isn't in some cases).

The only way that we might get another relaunch or even reboot is if sales completely topple. They've had a slide...but not a collapse. Or if they feel they've reached the point where they were pre re-launch with the majority of their books, just not a few year or a few there that they can continue to replace like they've been doing so far.

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Oh I know it won't happen, just expressing my personal preference :)

6. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So, Comixology is finally offering digital subscriptions and discounted collections.

link

7. Admiral_Young

Read Superman #21 and Justice League #21, the latter of which was the conclusion of the origin of Shazam. I thought it was pretty decent. I already like Mary Marvel...errr I guess we'll find out what they'll be calling them in the New 52. Superman is worth buying alone for the Rocafort art. Hector Hammond is awake, and part of the Hive Queen's latest scheme.

8. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I have less than 0 interest in Shazam and what was going on in the back-up stories, so I didn't care for this issue of JL. I was mixed on the Batman/Superman title, I really hope it gets better. Can't say I'm much of fan of the artwork in it either.

9. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I really enjoyed Aquaman #21, Mera returns home and is branded a traitor, the plot to free Orm kicks up a bit and to a lesser extent still likd Justice League Dark #21 this past week. I may reevaluate JLD when the next arc ends and what I hear about the upcoming arc.

10. Admiral_Young

Had mixed feelings on Batman/Superman #1. Not sure why...I thought the writing was pretty decent and enjoyed Jai Lee's art. I guess I expected it to wow me and it didn't.

11. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Same here, we'll see where it goes. Though, again, the art didn't wow me too much.

12. Admiral_Young

The background stuff Lee did was outstanding. It wasn't Before Watchmen quality though...just a little off. Like he was trying to get used to drawing Batman and Superman. Catwoman looked great though. As did Bruce and Clark themselves. It was just a little off to me.

13. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I loved the art but thought the story was all over the place and not the greatest start for a brand new title.

14. Admiral_Young

15. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

16. Admiral_Young

Yes. We get to see more of the Apocalyptic future! I'm very happy about this.

17. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Batman Inc #12
    I'm a little disappointed that Talia killed the Heretic. Either he should have been killed by one of the heroes like Jason Todd or Squire, or he should have been kept around as a future bad guy. The way this is being written I fully expect Morrison to kill off Talia in the last issue. Talia is basically a mad dog this entire series and totally irredeemable.

Any guesses on the mysterious woman who is secretly helping Batman? I have no clue!

18. Admiral_Young

I don't think Morrison will kill off Talia. Most of the speculation has been this is Morrison restoring things prior to when he first started his run. Talia will be dealt with...but she won't be killed off. Also don't have a problem with Talia killing the Heretic. A very Al Ghul thing to do...especially this version of Talia as you mentioned. I will say though I could see Morrison severely wound Talia. I loved that cliffhanger.

As for the mysterious woman in charge of Spyral...second time I think that organization has been mentioned in the series. Perhaps it is connected to a Kane. Otherwise I have no idea either.

19. Admiral_Young

20. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

All I read this week was Swamp Thing #22 that introduces a character called The Seeder and through his workings has infected Constantine. At issues end things don't look good for Alec. A bit of an odd tale actually, a tree that grows whisky...if only it were true!!