Gaming Deals

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PKerr, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been debating picking up one of these, but my Gold subscription doesn't run out until July. I know you can stack the cards, but part of me wants to wait to see if better deals come out in the next 6 months. :)

2. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hear ya, I thought about that too because honestly I have a feeling we will see M$ Dropping the price soon.

Nothing I've read set in stone mind you just a feeling, the console race is tightening up and that seems to still be what folks mostly complain about, not me mind you as I've seen both and IMO you get what you pay for (or don't pay for).

The reason I have this feeling as I'm seeing XBL gold memberships on sale just about every other month now and I think it's M$ way of lowering the cost without officially Lowering the price, if ya know what I mean.

I seriously doubt Amazon is losing $$$ when they have these sales, I think they are having some sort of test bed with M$ to see how well the lower price does. Like I said, just a feeling.

3. PKerr

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

On Amazon you get $10 off a future video game purchase when you buy Mass Effect 2 or Bioshock 2 or Final Fantasy 13. This is tempting to me but I wonder what the limitations are on this $10 off thing. It doesn't say on the page. Can you use it on ANY new game?

5. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

You can use the credit on any game. It might actually take it off automatically for the first game you try to check out with. But there is a time limit.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Dumb question but I assume it wouldn't count towards a used game bought on Amazon Marketplace?

7. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

http://www.zavvi.com for UK members, they have some great prices up there to compete with Shop To. The company used to belong to Virgin until it was brought out and whoever owns it now knows how to tickle my fancy.

GTA Liberty Episodes (360) - £14.95
    AVP (PC) - £16.95
    Borderlands (360/PS3) - £17.95
    Batman Arkham Asylum - £17.95
    Bioshock 2: Rapture Edition - £34.45

Just to name a few.

8. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

At Best Buy, you can get Dragon Age for $30 if you are a rewardzone member. In their gamerzone, there is a coupon for $10 off and the game is priced at $40. It is free to sign up, but it depends on if you want to join or not. I'm already a reward zone member, so it wasn't a big deal and I think I will pick it up this weekend.

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

EB Games / Gamespot is having a special extra 50% credit on trade-in games through March 15th. I was watching Attack of the Show and they said trading in Mass Effect 2 360 would net you $56 dollars not counting the 10% increase for being a member!

10. TheBrew

Sounds like that could be abused:

I trade in my copy of ME2: get $61. Buy a used copy of ME2 for $49.50. Repeat ad nauseum.

Amazon is selling 360 controller for $30 a pop, $40 for ones with the plug and charge cable.

11. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Operation Flashpoint 2 for 7.50 on Steam this weekend. At that price I couldn't say no :(

12. Aragorn

March 14-20 at Best Buy for PS3 or 360:

Assassin's Creed II is $30
    Batman: Arkham Asylum is $40

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

At Target Final Fantasy 13 comes with a $10 gift card so it's basically $50.

14. PKerr

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction for Under $47[​IMG] - Amazon.com is offering pre-orders of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction for Xbox 360 for $51.99. Enter coupon code SPLINTER at check-out to drop the price to $46.99. This is the best price available for the Xbox 360 version of the game by at least $10. Also available PC version of Splinter Cell Conviction for $41.99 after entering the same coupon.

15. Aragorn

$20 off $40 code at the EA Store. Makes Mass Effect 2, among other games, pretty cheap.

PAXEAST842

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I dunno if this will be everywhere, but I went to Blockbuster today and they had a bevvy of used 360 games for $10, good titles like Resident Evil 5, Halo 3, Halo Wars, Saints Row 2, Brutal Legend, Spider-Man Web of Shadows, Fallout 3, GTA4, Crackdown...

17. TheBrew

Gamestop is selling Fallout 3 for $20. I might go pick it up.

18. Aragorn

Don't know how long this'll last, but on Amazon if you buy Bioshock 2 ($50), you can get Bioshock 1 for free. Go to the Bioshock 1 page and it'll give you the option to buy both games part way down. PS3 or 360.

19. PKerr

Save $10 on 3-month Xbox Live Card $ 1600 Points Bundle [​IMG]- This week only, Amazon is offering additional $10 savings with purchase of 3-month Xbox Live Subscription and 1600 Xbox Live Points. Just add both cards to your cart following the link above and proceed to check-out. When you get to the final page, you will see that the total price is $10 lower than it appeared before. With free shipping the total price for two Xbox Live cards should come out to $28.41. That's $12 off retail price and the best price ever available if you would purchase these cards separately. This promotion will not last long so if you are interested, you need to hurry.

20. Aragorn

Right now on Amazon (April 4), buy Mass Effect 2 for $50, get Mass Effect 1 (Platinum Hits, with DLC included) free. For the 360.