Ant-Man: Info, Pics, Rumors, Casting and Details till release

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

As Edgar Wright, director of Ant-Man, is making the press rounds for his trilogy wrapping film World's End he has confirmed that the tweaked script for Ant-Man is now completed. Video at the link

As Captain America 2 is wrapping principal photography and GotG has set it's cast(voice roles aside) to start lensing in about 6 weeks the casting rumors on Ant-Man should be kicking up by late Aug/early Sept I'd think.

2. TheMurph

TheMurph Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not a huge fan of the Marvel Comics but I love the Marvel movies. I have my doubts in an Ant-Man movie, but I have faith in Edgar Wright. So I'll be ready to see it.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Here's probably the thing Marvel is jizzing themselves over as far as Antman is concerned... Unentangled rights.

They have to go to yoga three days a week for a year before they dare even consider undertaking a new Spider-Man project.

but this?

Ant-Man?

It's good to go.

Although there is the future to consider... If Marvel is brave, they are not going to make an Antman II, if the first movie makes a shit load of money... Instead they should make Giantman, and if Giantman also makes a lot of money, if Marvel is still brave enough to run away from the comfortability of brand recognition, the Sequel to Giantman is Goliath, and then the sequel to Goliath is Yellow Jacket... Would they really dare make a movie called "Doctor Pym the Scientific Adventurer"?

Who laughed at Pym's forray into transexuality, in honour of his dead wife, when he took on the identity of the Wasp briefly?

4. Captain Nebula

Captain Nebula Commander Red Shirt

I think if Simon Pegg could pull off an American accent, he could play Pym.

I seriously doubt Ant-Man would get a second movie, even if the first did well. Unless they don't do Ultron in the first movie. Pym will get folded into the Avengers line-up if Ultron shows.

5. Captain Nebula

No?

[​IMG]

I think they stole Nicole's hair for the cartoon.

6. Guy Gardener

When I first started reading comics, Jan led the Avengers. The Wasp was the Shit. She sent Namor the fricking Submariner to his room... Okay maybe that didn't happen, but wouldn't it have been cool if it did? (Something like that probably happened.)

I have nothing against a mature Wasp in her 30s, if I get a movie where she's a flirty fashion ditz first.

Overcoming what Pym did, made that Woman. She stopped playing the fool, knuckled down and became the perfect example of the top of her field... A genius, billionaire, super hero, industrialist, philanthropist.

7. Captain Nebula

That's my only real disappointment with these Avengers movies. No Ant-Man and especially no Wasp. I can't say it wasn't a good movie, but about 2/3s of the way through I was wishing they put Ant-Man and Wasp in there. And now with the news of the new movie with Ultron...

8. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Eh, Avengers 3 will be awesome ;)

9. Captain Nebula

Ant-Man and Wasp? I know it's Tron Legacy, but it always makes me think of Hank and Janet.

[​IMG]

10. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

For the record, Edgar Wright has been promising an Ant-Man movie since Comic Con 2006.

Since then we have gotten three Iron Man movies, The Incredible Hulk, Thor (soon to be 2), Captain America (soon to be 2), and the Avengers movie.

I'll believe this movie is actually made when it is released in theaters!:p

11. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Don't forget Guardians of the Galaxy as well. A movie I'm sure no one expected to see just yet, or at all.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  12. Guy Gardener

Tony Stark trying to explain Star Trek to Rocket Raccoon was just precious.

13. Captain Craig

Some updates are happening on Ant-Man.

While out promoting The Worlds End director Edgar Wright let it be known, quelling speculation of which Ant Man would headline, that Hank Pym is the films leads.

Also Ant-Man, after several drafts Wright has done, will enter official Pre-Production status this October.
    So probably after it's been in full on pre-production status for a month or so and after Thor Dark World's release I'm guessing the casting rumors that might have some weight to them will start to filter out.

14. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

15. Captain Craig

Edgar Wright was teasing a photo(pre-production testing) of Ant-Man this past Wednesday. Now that Guardians of the Galaxy is done filming I'd guess we can start expecting casting rumors on this in the next month to six weeks. To really kick up after Thor Dark World is released.

[​IMG]

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I do like the look of the costume.

17. Guy Gardener

It's not going to be a super hero costume.

"Logically" (from the look of it) it'll be a pressure suit to cope with the relative multiples of air pressure he will be experiencing, once he's reduced to ant size even if he is approximately the same equivalent mass/weight depending on how they explain the fake science of Pym Particles... And lets face it, air will be too massive for him to metabolize like how O'Brien and Bashir had trouble that time in One Little Ship, so he'll need a scuba rig minimum.

Man in an Anthill, had Pym getting lot in a tiny alien environment.

Marvel Premier, had Scott nicking an old Antman costume to rescue his daughter from a bastard.

Irredeemable Antman had shield agent /security guard Eric O'Grady "borrow" a next gen Antman suit while the Hellicarrier was under attack form bastards to save his ass. Not save the day. Save his ass.

If you mix that together what do you get?

Die Hard on the Hellicarrier.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

A lot of superheroes outfits aren't made purely to be "super hero costumes". Thor just wears his normal clothes, Hulk just wears whatever Bruce was wearing before he changed, Iron Man built his armor to escape capture. Superman's clothes are Kryptonian (in some continuities), Green Lantern wears a GLC uniform, Swamp Thing doesn't wear any clothes.

19. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Why is he crouching? Isn't he small enough already?

20. Guy Gardener

He could be squatting?

In the comics he has regular human strength at ant size.

But if he's farting with the strength of a regular sized human being then that would be like rocket exhaust blowing from his rear.

Next Summer, you will believe that an ant can fly.