A question to the men of the board.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by trekkiedane, Feb 3, 2013.

1. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

Boys and women: please keep out of this -for your own sake.

You have been warned!

I have a question for you:

How do you cope with hairs in unwanted places?

Still here boys 'n' girls? -last warning: do get outta here!

I'm not talking about body-hairs -those are only testament to your being male (and removing them to your acceptance of the feminisation of society (stated a bit exaggerated, but nevertheless...)).

I'm talking about those weird -and usually quite stringy- hairs that all-of-a-sudden spring from your eye-brows, ears and nose after you reach a certain age (which differs for all of us)...

How do you cope with those?

A lighter usually does good work on removing the ear-hairs, and you can purchase reasonable nose-hair removers and women would have pointed you towards 'pluckers' against those pesky Brezhnev-brows, but how do you cope?

[​IMG]

2. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

When I get my hair cut, the stylist will trim my eyebrows for me (I always give her a nice tip for being so considerate). As for nose hairs, not yet a problem. Ear hairs aren't a problem either, at the moment. Should that time come where they are, I plan on using an automatic nose hair/ear hair trimmer.

3. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I use a trimmer with an ear/nose attachment. It sucks and doesn't work all that well, but if you try hard enough it gets the job done.

4. trekkiedane

^Even those hairs on the lobes?

And: that's my point -those machines suck -bigtime!

5. tighr

Yeah, even the lobe hair. I just turn the trimmer on it's side and rub it against the ear.

6. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

I tweeze the ear hairs. The rest don't bother me. My barber occasionally trims my eyebrows. That is all.

7. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

I have very small scissors for the nose hair. Less painful than the trimmer attachment.

When I shave I actually run the razor around the inside of my nostrils, but that only works a little ways in.

No ear hair that I can "see". I suppose I'll worry when I can hear a rustling sound :guffaw:

Eyebrows, only the occasional wild hair at this point. Easy enough to take care of with the scissors.

8. trekkiedane

Gotta try that.
    It works -but as age progresses it becomes more and more of a job to do with such an ill adapted tool!
    -What I need is more in line with a power-tool :vulcan:

9. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I already have a trimmer to take care of my beard. So I find that works quite well with any hairs I might need to trim from the nose, ears, etc.

10. Ar-Pharazon

I find these scissors do a very good job, they're very sharp, and don't rip the hair out like the trimmer attachment.

11. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

I find myself far more concerned with the lack of hair in places I want it.

12. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

Try chemotherapy.

It's not available over the counter so you'll probably have to get cancer in order to get the treatment. Fortunately, there are many well known carcinogens that can help with that.

13. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I tell barbers not to trim the eyebrows. There's one single long one that likes to pop up, so it makes up for no chest hair. Nose and ears, manicure scissors. I let my beard go and trim it back every few months, because the neighborhood street people are less likely to ask me for a dollar.

Now my ex-wife had a hair wanting to grow on the edge of the areola. She shaved.

14. tighr

I know it seems a shallow condolence, but the hair on my head grows far too fast, requiring frequent trimmings. Combined with the fact that I like it short, and any more than a week and a half to two weeks results in a mangy blob of mess on top of my head.

As a consequence, these frequent haircuts tend to get expensive. I'd do it myself, but its difficult to blend it in without just using the same guard all over (I have done this multiple times), and when it does eventually grow out it tends to look like a mushroom top.

15. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

I light mine on fire with a lighter. :devil:

16. Ar-Pharazon

Aahhh, the Richard Pryor approach to haircuts.

17. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm 36, but not yet suffering from any unwanted extruders, does that mean I am still a boy?

18. Bigjoe

Bigjoe Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I use a nose clipper and usually when my hair dresser cuts my hair she normally gives my eye browses a trim.

Not really bothered by the hair on my chest or back.

19. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

I remove unwanted hair by attaching it with steel cable to several wild boars with fireworks in their arses who run wildly in all directions as I scream and bellow into the night with heroic ferocity.

It's the manly way.

20. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

When I notice a nose hair getting wild I pluck it out... gets me a good tear duct cleaning at the same time. ;)

Not having any problems with eye brows.