NFL 2012 - Drive to Glory

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by SmoothieX, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

They are really bad, almost embarrassing so at times.

2. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Undefeated Iggles play the undefeated Cardinals next week. *mind blown*

3. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

RAMS WIN!!

That was one of the most bizarre games I've ever seen. Both sides got screwed by the refs on multiple ocassions. Just terrible.

But...last year they would have found a way to lose this game. Good thing that receiver couldn't control himself when it counted...

:lol:

4. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Go Cards!!!!

5. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

The Pats lost to Arizona? The Cowboys lost to Seattle? I don't know what kind of Bizzaro world I woke up in on Sunday, but I loved it! :devil: Plus the fact that Luck and the Colts got their first win. Just wish the Bears hadn't gone belly up on Thursday. I'll even be able to overlook the fact that the Steelers won their game (because, really... the Jets? Who cares?) as long as Peyton and the Broncos win on MNF against the Falcons.

6. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

That got narrowed down in a hurry. And here I thought I made a safe pick.

Also lost all my chances on our town's loser board. I put all three picks on Arizona to lose, figuring there was no way they'd beat New England. Who knew?

7. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The NFC West went 4-0 yesterday and I don't think there is any doubt now that the 49ers are the best team in the NFL. That was a great win last night, and my respect for Alex Smith pretty much grows every single week. Him sticking through a bloody nose was awesome.

8. poundpuppy29

poundpuppy29 Commander Red Shirt

That was a bad game for the Pats

9. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well... that was so much fun, I was drunk by halftime. Only reason I've stopped is because I didn't want to cut anymore limes. Ugly, ugly, ugly first quarter by Broncos followed by too little, too late.

Also, replacement refs suckl giant donkey balls. The frequency with which they were screwing both teams was almost more mind-numbing than Denver's first quarter.

10. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

The number of miscues by the referees was staggering. It was obvious towards the end of the game that they were reluctant to even throw a flag, for fear of being incorrect. The number of wrong calls they made was absolutely crazy for a high profile marquee nationwide game like MNF.

That said, terrible game overall. Without those turnovers, the Broncos probably would have won. There were several questionable play-calls made in the second half, too. I'm not sure why they didn't burn the last timeout before the 2 minute warning... Stop the clock, get another stop, and the Falcons would be forced to snap before the 2 minute warning for a 3 and out. Not sure of the logic behind that move.

11. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

First of all, Denver and Peyton Manning can suck it. I hate them both.

Second, the officiating this second week was atrocious.

Third, I don't know if anyone stayed tuned for the postgame, but Steve Young went off, and rightly so.

Now remember as a Rams fan, I despise him too. But God Bless Him, he used his reputation and his bully pulpit to take the NFL to task for this whole thing. He basically said all they care about is busting the union, and as long as all of us keep watching and buying tickets, "they just don't care." They don't care about player safety. They don't care about the integrity of the game.

And why would they?

Bravo Steve. Bravo.

I just thought Steve Young was brave with his stance, and I salute him for it, as much as it sickens me.

12. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

While I think your math on the clock/ downs might be a little off, I was calling for the same thing.... they should have taken the time out before the 2 minute warning and made Atlanta take another snap. Wouldn't have saved them very much time, but the move cost them about 20 wasted seconds.

The more I think about it, the more pissed I am about the refs. That was just terrible. This isn't even a, "Oh, they screwed Denver so bad!" kind of mad.... they were regularly awful and everyone suffered for it.

13. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I think its a moot point anyway, because the Falcons ended up converting for a first down before the 2 minute warning.

14. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

If the players and coaches want the real refs back its very simple. Tell Roger if the real refs arent on the field on Sunday, neither are we. The issue will be solved very quickly at that point.

15. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

It's not just the calls but the need to have a conference over everything that really makes the game crawl. I don't mind that if that is what it takes to get the call right but it took literally 20 minutes to snap the ball on the next play after that first quarter fumble last night. I'm not staying up until 1 in the morning to watch a football game that should take just a little over three hours.

Steve Young is a sharp guy and I'm glad he had the nerve to say it. He was aboslutely right, I just wish some of those other mouthbreathers could have backed him up. Stuart Scott looked horrified and tried to interject himself immediately only for Young to squash him. Well Done.

Nothing short of a wildcat strike by the players and coaches prior to the next game will get the NFL's attention. Don't hold your breath.

16. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

[​IMG]

As usual, Drew Litton gets it spot on.

17. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Just saw the news Steve Sabol passed. :(

I watched his show every week when I was a kid. A truly great talent and worth every one of those Emmys.

He will be missed.

18. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

What are the consequences for violating a labor agreement they just signed?

Yeah, that's my big thing.

19. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Also, the coaches don't have a union -- if they stopped showing up for work, they'd be in material breach of contract and they could be immediately terminated for cause.

20. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

True, the coaches are incapable of participating. I don't know enough about employment law with an antitrust exemption like the NFL, but I know under the CBA they can be fined thousands a day for missing a game, so it's certainly not going to work on those grounds alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.