Star Wars: The Old Republic anticipation thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chaos Descending, Jun 10, 2011.

1. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was able to zerg with my Sorc and get it at 28 on Jung Ma. This was like the third day of early access.

I still haven't got mine on Agunta Pall yet. I'd like it to be the same, but I'm skeptical.

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

As Jedi Sentinel I reached end of chapter one with less than half of alderaan finished. Heck, I still have 3 major areas of the planet to uncover and 3 datacrons to get there. Nevermind any bonus quests.

3. CorporalClegg

Yeah. If you PvP or do space ship battles at all, you can skip like half the game.

4. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

Caved in to the hype and made myself a Chiss agent/sniper.

I like the reminder of the time when Star Wars wasn't just about creepy cultists in bathrobes.

5. CorporalClegg

No hype. Just truth.

Though IMO Smug > Agent.

6. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

" Expect a few surprises between these Game Updates, too. You never know when the Republic might strike Dromund Kaas, if a mysterious alien fleet could appear in the Core Worlds… or when the Rakghoul plague of Taris might infect the rest of the Galaxy. Changes are coming, and they’ll affect everyone."

This is from the community blog.

We have the rakghouls already.

As for the alien fleet i really want to see some Vagaari, Nagai, Tof, SSi Ruuvi or Rakata to show up..

I would also love a pilot class with costumisable ship and better space mechanics. Building up my own wing ala Havoc squad with companions would be nice.

7. sojourner

So it sounds like they are going to do periodic events. Cool, that was one of the better things in SWG.

8. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Just got into the game myself. Loving it so far, but it seems I've got alot to learn. I dabbled a little in WoW but not enough to really get comfortable with MMOs. I guess it may be easier since I'm jumping into SWTOR early in its life.

9. CorporalClegg

Got questions? Ask 'em! :techman:

10. LunarYoma

LunarYoma Commander Red Shirt

11. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Anyone been charged yet for their monthly fee? It was supposed to be 20th January when the subscription kicks in but while my account is still active (choose the 3 month plan) no money has been taken out on my card nor even earmarked.

:confused:

12. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I believe my 6-month subscription was charged yesterday, as I received the "Founder" title and medal yesterday.

(I say "I believe," rather than actually checking, because my subscription was purchased as a gift.)

13. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Level 47 now doing Voss Bonus missions, my Guild getting ready to do end operations soon as were starting to get level 50's, can't wait ;)

14. sojourner

Hit 40 on sunday, then got sick. Haven't been able to concentrate enough to play.

15. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

49 now oooo so close, Corella has been a decent planet with plenty of XP ;).

16. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know, I find getting around Corellia pretty annoying, though I've only done the first area so far.

17. O'Dib

O'Dib Commodore Commodore

I don't much care for the urban environments, but I find Belsavis the most tedious. Corellia blew my mind with the metro system. The open-air portions of Coruscant are kinda sweet too. (Hey, I spend so much time on this game, I like to at least feel like I'm outdoors)

My main is a Marauder whom, before they fixed the healing glow bug, I played without Quinn, which meant I had to be about 5 levels above recommended to minimize frustration. Cause I hate when folks are lazy to do side quests and gear up properly, and just whine for help with their class bits. Even with Quinn healing, I had to spend about 2 days after hitting 50, running around, gearing up, getting datacrons and matrix shards, so I could solo through my class finale. Which in turn prepares you for Ilum, but I haven't done much of that yet.

18. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

19. CorporalClegg

20. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Quick question: anyone here still playing this game? I ask because I had a go during the free weekend that just ended and I couldn't help but notice how...empty the game felt compared to other MMO's I've tried (all 3 of them...)

If the answer is no, then I'm not surprised. While it was fun while it lasted (and I'm going to really miss my sarcastic Sith Assassin), I have a hard time seeing this game having much to offer once the characters' arc story is done.

Also, I can't help but get the impression that they would have been better off just making a straight-up single player KOTOR sequel, even with the different classes. I mean come on, a Star Wars version of Dragon Age: Origins? Yes please!