Reign - The CW

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Taylirious, May 16, 2013.

1. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Sorry, Guy. Didn't play Risk, Monopoly, or any other board games. In the village I grew up in, we only played with tin cans and sandals. In fact, there was a game, Prisoner Down. One kid guarded the tin can; others threw their sandals to knock it down.

Would be nice if they used that premise on the show.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You sound like you're describing Fielding or Masterton.

I was watching DaVinci's Demons a few minutes ago... Leo was in a dream while dying and visited the future, which is about what we could expect Nostradamus if he really ramps up the soothsaying... Which is what Taylalala was suggesting a page ago.

3. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Bash and Kenna both became much more interesting and tolerable once they were forced in marriage. Even if neither is totally over Henry or Mary, they're trying to make it work and have good chemistry together.

4. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Tahmoh Penikett makes a guest appearance. That stud is almost on every show I watch - Criminal Minds, Supernatural, Arrow, etc.:adore:

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  5. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Spoilers!!! :p

He is awesome! :D

6. Guy Gardener

It's been an entire day.

You are on the wrong side of history.

7. Taylirious

It was a joke.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  8. Guy Gardener

Hush.

We all play joke-chicken.

The first person to admit that they are joking, loses.

Unfortunately, that does mean that I now own your car.

Thank you for playing. :)

9. Taylirious

I liked Mary's line at the end there with them being her monsters. Good EP. I enjoyed the stuff with Francis too.

10. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I had no idea this show was shot in Toronto. I thought it was shot in Europe. I was wondering why there were so many Canadian actors on the show. I thought it was a co-Canadian production or something.

11. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Vikings (shot in Ireland) is a co-Canadian production, but this is mostly Canadian. Though it's strange both employ Australian actors for European roles (the guy playing Ragnar is Australian, and so is Kenna here).

12. Taylirious

So Henry wants to kill his son and take his wife. At least history will catch up with him in the finale. :p

13. Guy Gardener

If that was my son and I was legally allowed to drown him, I probably would.

I wouldn't want to even touch Mary for fear that her awkward Australian accent would shart out... Australian accents are not always terrible, but I heard Adelaide on an ad begging me to stay turned for a new episode of Reign, where she sounded like a girl version of Screech from Saved by the Bell.

You ever wonder if the show would have been more perturbed if Queen Catherine sounded much more like Captain Bertinelli from 'Allo 'Allo than Lady Penelopee from Thunderbirds?

"OOOOO! What a mistake'a to make'a!"

:)

14. Taylirious

Francis isn't that bad. Speaking of king's spawn, Bash killed that boy's father and Kenna :drool: is bonding with him. DRAMA! :rommie:

15. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

At the rate time is moving, Henri won't survive next week.

After the late revelation last night, I'm doubtful Bash will survive, either.

16. Guy Gardener

What does Kenna take as his widow?

17. Taylirious

18. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Henri historically died in a joust that went wrong, and the promo pics from the finale show him all dressed up in armor at what looks like a Tournament.

Odds are they'll kill him off in the finale and have the rest of the series be about Francis' juggling his new Kingship of France with his marriage to Mary.

Francis himself isn't long for the world, but M.A.S.H. managed to get seasons and seasons out of a war that didn't last very long either.

19. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree; though Francis only ruled a year and a half, they could get two, possibly three, season out of that. The political machinations between Catherine and the Duc de Guise, the coup attempt by a group of Protestants, the English siege of Edinburgh, and the establishment of Protestantism as Scotland's official religion -- there's story fodder there. :)

I have a hard time seeing the series shift gears entirely when Mary returns to Scotland after Francis' death. It would be interesting, the Catholic Mary having to deal with John Knox and a Protestant Scotland, yes, but very different. (Though, a reformatted series set in Scotland would have the "Who is Mary going to love?" dynamic of a CW series.)

20. Guy Gardener

Next season is going to be about Henri's children with Mary coming back in time to save their father from an early death so that they will be born at all.