Copper

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Alidar Jarok, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

Neither did I! It seems everyone lies to Corky, even his good friends.

2. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Yeah, wow. That was unexpected.

I like the historical reference in this episode (Civil War, Boss Tweed). There was also a Homicide: Life on the Street reference (a fake name for voter fraud was Tim Bayliss).

3. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Heh. I heard that name "Tim Bayliss," and it sounded familiar but I couldn't figure out why. Thanks

4. Alidar Jarok

lol, no problem.

The weird thing about Corky's wife is that I was expecting certain outlandish things, but this one still caught me by surprise. It was impressive and layered (the fact that his friend was lying works on top of it and I didn't see that at all).

5. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

OK, finally caught this one. VERY good ending, with it being his wife who Francis Maguire was visiting. I had a feeling that SHE was the one who killed her daughter, and that was why she fled. Now we see she didn't actually "flee" at all. I like Little Brynes--er, "Phinbar." I hope they keep him around a little while longer.

6. Alidar Jarok

And things are come to a head with his wife's story.

It was sort of where they built to, although I actually didn't think it was McGuire (I thought he bribed him earlier to spare him pain).

Aside from that, some good themes. Nice contrast of God, heaven, hell, and Five Points.

7. the G-man

In a way, she did. She killed their daughter and then 'fled' into drugs and madness.

They are really wrapping everything aren't they? I had expected some of the subplots/mysteries to be series-long. Apparently, that's not the not the case, however.

8. Alidar Jarok

I think the next big story is the Civil War saboteurs. Although, with the introduction of the Booth brothers, that might rap up soon.

9. the G-man

The DVD comes out in a couple of weeks so I'm thinking the season is almost over.

10. auntiehill

Isn't Sunday the season finale?

11. Alidar Jarok

It might be. The way things were going tonight, I almost anticipated tonight was. Next week would be a logical stopping point. I'm not sure where they are in the war, though. By my count, there was about 4-5 months left last episode.

12. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

It's over already? No fair!

13. the G-man

I thought the finale was pretty good. They tied up the main threads from the season for a satisfying ending, but left a few things out there for another arc. The only thing that didn't work totally was the out of nowhere revelation about Elizabeth Haverford.

14. auntiehill

Yeah, that was a bit weird. Also a bit hard to hear McGuire confess to all those murders. What's going to happen to him next season, I wonder?

15. the G-man

Considering how utterly corrupt the precinct is (Corky is basically a Civil War era Vic Mackey) I could easily see them covering it up and/or telling him to just "get out of Dodge" instead of arresting him.

Either way, at some point, Corky is going to realize that Maguire supposedly confessed all his sins but didn't confess to killing Molly. It will be interesting to see where he takes that realization.

16. auntiehill

Yeah, I wonder when that will come up? Annie knows, I'm sure, since she kind of set it up in the first place. I wonder what he's going to do with his wife once she detoxes?

17. the G-man

Given Corky's whole 1800s Irish Catholicly thing, he might not do anything with her, but stay married, keep living with her and freeze her out emotionally.

18. auntiehill

And with her sanity being so obviously fragile, that would probably drive her even further into madness.