Bomber Jacket Pattern

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by MarianLH, Feb 10, 2011.

1. MarianLH

MarianLH Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Anybody know where I can find a costume pattern for the movie-era bomber jacket? I've tried Roddenberry.com and a Google search, with no luck. A search of TrekkBBS turned up a thread mentioning a place called costumecostumecostume.com, but 1) in that same thread people said their patterns were awful, and 2) they don't seem to have the bomber jacket listed anymore anyway.

Marian

2. Sarvek

Sarvek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

3. MarianLH

Thanks for the reply, but they don't look very trustworthy. A Google search turned up lots of accusations of poor service, poor quality, and unlicensed recasting of other people's products. And the store doesn't even have any text description, let alone pictures, to let you know what you're getting for your $190.

Marian

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  4. Sarvek

Sarvek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I googled Starfleet Bomber Jacket and found a better website that makes the uniforms, including the bomber jacket, as in order by order. They are made to order to your measurements. Here is the site: http://www.shadowdalecreations.com/startrek_wrathofkhan.htm

They have all the supplies and what is necessary to make these uniforms and the cost is more than the last site, but I feel that you will get good quality products.:techman::techman:

5. MarianLH

And again a Google search for reviews says "don't trust this person with your money", only the money in question is $650 this time, which is way out of my league anyway.

Thanks for trying, though. You found these people in the first place, which is more than I can say. Your Google-fu is obviously superior to mine. :)

Maybe I can find a conventional jacket pattern with a similar piece breakdown. I did find some good close-up photos of the originals, and really the only weird part is the winged shoulders.

Marian

6. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

7. cbp44189

cbp44189 Commander Red Shirt

Lot's of BAD feedback about that guy. Might want to research him some more.

8. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral