Falling Skies - Season 5: Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Procutus, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

We're two weeks away from the premier of Falling Skies' fifth and final season, and I'm hoping that I'm not the only one still watching it. It's been kind of a long road getting to this point here, and I'd like to think that we'll get a satisfying pay-off in the end. From the humble beginning we saw in Season 1, we ended on a real cliffhanger with Tom being lost in space - and being rescued by a mysterious entity in the final moments.

The fifth season begins on Sunday, June 28 at 10:00 P.M. EST

2. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I'm looking forward to it. I've been enjoying the show, despite its flaws. it's one of those shows that I call an Irwin Allen show-- don't think, just enjoy. I do think it's time for it to end, though, and I hope we get a good finale.

3. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I agree with you on that. For one thing, humanity has been worn down to the point where there's very little left in the way of supplies or the means to continue the fight. A solution needs to be found fairly soon, or the Fishheads will win... Or it would become so unbelievable that a technically superior force could NOT defeat a bare-bones army that gets by on just sheer gumption alone.

But yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing the final chapter on this. We've got the Season 4 DVDs on order, so we can do our annual binge-watching to catch up before the premier. Hard to remember what happened last summer.

:lol:

4. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I'm Happy to see it through to the end. I wavered some last season, but I want to see the ultimate end.

5. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

After a painfully bad season 4, I'm hoping season 5 will be the last. We need to wrap this up. I love Noah Wylie but this has spun completely out of control. Reign it in and bring to at least a satisfactory conclusion.

6. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Like an abused dog that keep returning to its master because it knows nothing else, I'll be here for the most likely terrible Season 5. I'm going to see this rolling shitheap through to the bitter end, dammit.

7. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

It's been confirmed in several places that Season 5 is the final one. In an interview, Noah talked about the responsibility of trying to wrap it all up and have the ending make sense of everything. That's my biggest hope, is that the finale does justice to the overall series. So many shows that I enjoyed on the past had either crappy or lackluster endings.

8. Tzenkethi

Tzenkethi Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Funny because the current showrunners changed the motif of the Espheni, they decided they'd be aliens who invaded planets and turned the strongest race into weapons. Season four had to completely reverse the end of season three to let that happen.
    I'd much rather have seen season five act like season four never happened but just know it's going to be as bad as four was. We didn't even get to see what season four was building up to, which was the human skitters!

9. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

:guffaw:

I couldn't have said it better myself.This show started out with such promise---but just went completely to hell. But I have to see how it ends. It's like seeing the inevitable train-crash; you know it's going to be awful but you can't look away.

10. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

That's how I feel too, the show had potential and squandered all of it really fast yet I want to stay to the bitter end.

11. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Wow, you guys are harsh. I never thought the show sucked that hard...

12. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I think I fall somewhere in between. The show DOES feel like it's spiraling downward, yet I like the characters enough to care about what happens to them and how it all ends. I'm probably forgetting a lot of its flaws; guess the S4 DVDs will help jog my memory!

:lol:

13. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I wish the season 2 and 3 guy never left because they were the best seasons and I stopped watching in the mess that was season 4.

14. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hmmm.. i am feeling flashbacks to Andromeda & Earth Final Conflict...where the first season was great, but got derailed later on (i..e quality and even story seemed inconsistent)....just hoping this season 5 will be much different than how those shows ended.

Season 4, kinda felt cheap & negative like those shows' season 5.

15. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

No, it doesn't suck that much and it pretty much started out in B-Movie territory. When you've got an alien invasion force that can bomb you back to the stone age in a a week versus a rag-tag local militia, you pretty much know what you're in for. :rommie:

16. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Along with the whole "Masons can do no wrong!" thing that steadily got worse and worse.

17. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

We're into the first disk of Season 4 and I have to admit, I had forgotten just how much this season was all over the place, between the prison camps, Tom out playing Ghost Rider, the Nazi-youth schools and Lexi running Shangri-la. Quite an unusual mix to be sure and I can certainly understand why so many folks didn't like the direction this season took.

Not to mention the body-count by the end...

18. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

I'm in Canada, we haven't gotten Season 4 yet. They showed every episode from seasons 1-3 up to about 3 weeks ago. I'm guessing we get S4 in a few months.

19. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

IMO - I really liked the first and second season of Falling Skies. By the third season it had started to devolve into alien invasion TV trope-ville (which was a shame); but I kept with it and liked some of the third season.

The 4th season (for me) was crap...period.

I'll probably watch the start of Season 5 out of morbid curiosity; and if I find it entertaining, see how they end it; but after Season 4, I have to wonder if I'll find Season 5 worth my free time.

20. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

If you're a masochist, you're in for a real treat.