Looking for a "30 Rock" episode

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by archeryguy1701, Dec 10, 2011.

1. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hey all! I'm trying to find an episode of "30 Rock" and was hoping you guys might be able to help me out. I've tried googling for it, but the little bit of information I have hasn't turned anything up and I'm hoping active (or even occassional viewers) might be able to give me a hand.

A little backstory on why I'm trying to find this episode.... this past spring break, my best friend went to New York with her family. One of the days, she got seperated from them while wandering around Central Park. She's from Spain, and her family came over from there, and she couldn't figure out call their Spanish cell phones while they were on this side of the pond. So, she's stuck in Central Park with no idea where her family is, no way to contact them, no idea how to get back to her hotel, and no money for a cab. She ends up calling me hoping that I can help her figure out where she is and how to get back to the hotel. I get her the directions and wait to hear back from her. A few hours later, she calls me back to let me know she made it and tell me about her little adventure. Part of the story she told me about what that on the way back, she passed a camera crew filming something for "30 Rock". She thought it was pretty cool because she'd never seen a TV show or movie being filmed before, and we had just recently watched "Date Night" and she liked Tina Fey, so she immediately recognized her.

I hadn't really looked into it until recently, but I thought it would be a cool little thing for her if I could figure out which episode it was that she saw.

I apologize that I don't have much to give you folks, but hopefully it's enough to put some pieces together. The scene in question was being filmed during the week of March 14-20 this year. It was outside and Fey was doing something with a tree. She was either yelling at someone in a tree or she was hitting at something in the tree with something like stick or broom. I can't recall if it was a tree in Central Park or if this was going on on one of the sidewalks outside of the park. Can anyone think of an episode during this past year that includes a scene that vaguely fits this description?

Sorry again that it's not a lot to go off of, but I hope something rings a bell! Thanks!!

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I'm not even sure what season they're in right now, but there was 5th season episode where Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) has a plastic bag in a tree outside of her apartment, and she spends the whole episode trying to get it down. It's called "Everything Sunny All the Time Always." It aired in April of this year, so it's possible they were filming it in March when you walked by.

3. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It sure sounds like that's the one. As I read the OP's description I thought of that ep too.

4. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

That sounds right.

5. archeryguy1701

Thanks everyone!!! I just watched the episode it looks like this may be what she saw, and the timing on the airdate looks like it should match! I appreciate the help! On another note, I had never really thought about checking the show out, but this was pretty entertaining so I think I might work on getting into it.

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

It's hilarious. I'm pretty sure I blew through the first three seasons in less than a week.

7. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Yeah, I watched the whole thing on Netflix. I tore through it like a crack addict.

It's brilliant!

Jack Donaghy is my hero.

8. archeryguy1701

Well, I'm almost halfway through a Stargate SG1 rewatch... when I finish that in a couple months, I think I'll move on to 30 Rock!

9. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm in the group that blew through the show in a few weeks this past spring. Honestly, though, I thought last season was the weakest, so if you found that episode enjoyable, I think you'll really love the show.

10. archeryguy1701

I sent a link to the episode to my friend and I just got this email back a little bit ago....

"Oh wow!! Thank you for sending me the video!!! I got so excited!!! I can´t believe I was just a few meters away while they were filming that :)[​IMG] I can´t believe you recognized it either"

I'm guessing this is the right episode and that she was pretty happy! :lol: Thanks for the help all and I look forward to starting the series up as soon as I get a chance!!