Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheGodBen, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Theiving bastard.

It reminds me of the cart stealing pig from back in the early days of the server.

2. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Caught two endermen in the "gentleman's club" before Kestra came along and cleared them out.
    [​IMG]

3. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Caught two endermen in the club ... or did I catch you with two endermen in the gentleman's club? :shifty:

In related news, I've started work on a red light district in town. It's going to be adjacent to "Old Town," and starts right next to the Adventurer's Club. Literally right next to it (sorry Robert). I'm making all the buildings super close together with just enough space to make a single block path. I figure a shady area would be cramped like that.

I'd totally appreciate any input or if anyone wants to help make a building, or has any ideas. These are my ideas so far:

Pawn Shop: This is already built. It's the first building and it's called "Trash for Gold," and contains both trash and gold. I've got objects for sale (or most likely free), I try to obtain objects for you, I might make an offer on certain items, and I'm also willing to do loans. I'm pretty easygoing though so while this is a nice little shop (even a little basement room!), I am always willing to help people out.

Bonds and Loans: Not sure if I'll try to merge this into the pawn shop or not

Brothel: This one I definitely would like to do myself though I am open to help; I'd just like to be involved

"Herbal" Supplies and Dispensary: I might stick plants and other items in here. It's going to be called "Glow Is The New Blow" and have glowdust once I go on a gathering expedition.

Weapons: Can keep various weapon supplies, especially now that we have the awesome skelly farm from Xan.

Any other ideas for the red light district?

Also I want to say that I <3 our server and it's really fun playing with everyone that's on there. :)

4. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Oh wow, that's creepy! Guess I'm going to have to remove those dirt blocks.

I love the idea of Kestra as a pawnbroker/loanshark. :lol:

I think no red light district is complete without a rundown tenement building. The hookers and bums gotta live somewhere...

5. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Gotta have a sex shop too. I prefer the name Dildopolis (I like community). Ooo, how about a Community college too? ;) (Maybe not in the red light. Or maybe, I dunno).

Also, whats the deal with the white stripy enderman? I've not seen one of those before.

6. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Oh, btw I forgot to mention the other day I went inside the Arena (as in, inside the walls) and cleared out the many, many zombies, skeletons and spiders there were lurking in its shadowy depths. I lit up the area with torches, so hopefully they wont spawn there anymore.

7. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

That's the result of a RandomMobs mod, I believe. It just gives the mobs different skins, doesn't change how they behave.

8. B.J.

^Yep, Randomobs. Couldn't stand every single mob looking exactly the same.

9. B.J.

Sorry for the double post, but....

I'm looking at that huge vertical cliff next to my place, and I keep thinking "Licensed to Ill"..... :D

10. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Like I said, B.J, I think it would be really cool if there'd be a castle jutting out from the cliff face :) Feel free to remove part of the wall in order to make it easier to build anything you want. What you have now looks like it could be the entrance with stairs leading up to it.

11. Saturn0660

Saturn0660 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Indeed i'd love to see what you would come up with. carving out the inside of in with castle walls coming out would look sick..

12. Owain Taggart

So, as an update to my towers, it originally started out looking like this:

[​IMG]

It's now looking like this:

[​IMG]

And still growing!

13. Cutter John

Still herding them Moo's. :p

14. Cutter John

A fairly small snapshot this week. Sounds to me like we're getting close to 1.3.

* You can now use “/publish” to open your single-player game for LAN friends to join. This is still very much a work in progress, so it lacks some necessary settings such as what game mode your friends will get, and if they should be able to use cheats or not. Also, the “/publish” command is temporary, you can’t even access it if you haven’t enabled cheats.

* The Ender Chest has been changed to have an inventory per player and not per world. Also, knocking down the chest will break it into 8 obsidian, unless you have Silk Touch.

* The texture pack folder button now works on Mac

15. B.J.

Narrator: "As dawn breaks over the city, we find the remains of the Beastie Boys' ill-fated 727 buried in the side of the cliff...."
    Shatner: "There's something out on the wing! Er, engine nacelle!"
    Narrator: "Quiet you!"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Warp point "727" will get you inside the aircraft.

16. Owain Taggart

Haha, that's awesome, BJ! I saw part of the body earlier today and wondered what it was. Quite epic :)

17. Cutter John

That's just silly. :)

Just a suggestion. Maybe get some black wool or obsidian and make a blast pattern around where its stuck into the cliff?

18. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Love the plane! Cross-posting random screenshots. Currently working on a little hermit valley subway between me, sticks, fonzo, and a tunnel to Xan's. All lead to the 70s lounge I made (not pictured).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Hey! Me and B.J. are in Hermit Valley Heights too, right? :p

20. Owain Taggart

Yes, you're right, Dac. I think we'll eventually figure something out next time you're on. :) B.J too! All of it is still a work in progress as we just added my house to it a few nights ago, and it's only a matter of time before we start working on either of yours.