Destiny trilogy - speculations

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by JoeZhang, Mar 3, 2008.

1. ParticleMan

ParticleMan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Every Borders I have been to in the last few months has had a dearth of Star Trek books. There will usually be an entire case of Star Wars plus other media tie-ins, and maybe 10-12 older ST books. My local Books-a-Million has a newer selection, but not many more actual books. The closest B&N to me is kind of out of the way compared to Borders, so I havent' checked there in a good while.

2. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

Thanks, Man of Steel (can I call you Man for short? :) ). Maybe more copies will show up after the so-called "street" date.

Indeed. The Borders out near where I live in Jersey has relegated their paltry few Trek books to the very bottom shelf of the last row of their Science Fiction section. In addition to that, they don't even seem to stock the new releases until around a week after several other area stores have had them. I don't shop at this Borders much anymore....

3. JAG

JAG Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, I checked BN, Borders and BDalton today and not one of them had it. I had them special order it for me at BN.

4. Man of Steel

Man of Steel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

5. Julio Angel Ortiz

Julio Angel Ortiz Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Finally got it today. :techman: And then my car broke down during the process. :scream: At least I got to read the prologue while waiting for my wife to pick me up.

6. Marco Palmieri

Marco Palmieri Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

David Mack is a menace. He must be stopped.

7. William Leisner

William Leisner Scribbler Rear Admiral

^ The Angel of Death claims another victim!! :evil:

8. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

I've tried that. He keeps starting back up again.....

9. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

^ That's because I'm the Daffy Duck to your Bugs Bunny. I won't quit as long as you keep writing because...

...wait for it...

...you're despicable! :D

10. Marco Palmieri

Marco Palmieri Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Terrific. I'm trapped in a perpetual Warner Bros. cartoon. So much makes sense now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au3JeK_cdGk

"Wile E. Coyote, Super-Genius."

You know... I like the way that rolls out.

11. Man of Steel

Man of Steel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The comedy team of MAD strikes again. :)

12. JAG

JAG Vice Admiral Admiral

I got my copy today!! off to read.

13. LightningStorm

LightningStorm The Borg King Commodore

Borders called and told me my special order was in for this one (Gods of Night). Ordered it along with the currently sold out Kobayashi Maru. So I'll be halting the reading I'm currently doing (A Gutted World and the 3rd Terok Nor book) to start and finish this one. I really can't wait.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I finally, got a chance to check both Borders, and B&N and no luck yet. This is both good and bad for me, good because I'm still reading Kobayashi Maru and A Gutted World, but bad because I want to get my hands on the book.

15. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Got mine today! :techman:

16. Osquevel

Osquevel Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

No luck at the Borders in Fairfax or Arlington (Pentagon City) ... both say it's "on the way" or should be on its way... I may resort to Amazon.

And ParticleMan and ClayinCA, I was actually about to post something to the same effect. At least the ones in my area are carrying the newer books (still a few copies of KM and GTTS among other recent titles) still floating around. And the one in Fairfax even has a few older tites... finally got my hands on Star Charts :D

17. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No luck at the Border's last night. I thought about driving over to the Borders Express in the mall, but I figure they won't have it, either. There's one close to work - I might swing by when I leave the office today and see if they have it. Haven't checked Barnes & Noble yet.

I thought about ordering it from Amazon, but I see no reason to pay extra for shipping. Plus, the moment I order the book, it'll magically appear in the store and I'll go stir-crazy waiting for my shipment to arrive.

18. JAG

JAG Vice Admiral Admiral

Call the store and ask them to order it for you. I called my local BN on Monday and had it Wednesday.

19. Trent Roman

Trent Roman Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Passed by a bookstore yesterday, figured I'd pop in, and there it was. That said, it'll wait on the shelf for a while, because I picked up Greater than the Sum and Kobayashi Maru at the same time, and want to get those two read before I launch into Destiny. Looking forward to it, though.

Fictitiously yours, Trent Roman

20. JeremyW

JeremyW Commander Red Shirt

You're trapped? Hmm...I find that funny 'cause you're the one that keeps 'em around. BTW: Great Warner Bros. clip. Personally, I think you do like being trapped in a Warner Bros. Cartoon...it makes days go by a lot better when you don't have to think of the crap going on in the outside world.