Classic FM Video Game Music Special

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Bob The Skutter, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Last night Classic FM had a video game music special, and it was wonderful. Anyone interested can listen to it here.

2. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

I heard bits and pieces of it yesterday. While I'm not as game-savvy as I used to be, it was an enjoyable show. Thanks for the link. :)

3. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Listened through earlier, some great tracks. :)

4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought this was going to be about the music from the Sega Genesis and the like.

5. Bob The Skutter

Yeah, was much enjoyed from my sick bed. Brightened my mood for an hour or two.

6. Bob The Skutter

For those interested Amazon have The Greatest Video Game Music volumes 1 and 2, currently volume 1 can be downloaded for £4.99 volume 2 can be downloaded for £2.69

7. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I was expecting more Genesis era too but then I listen to a lot of Sonic covers on youtube anyway.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0l1nkps-mg[/yt]

8. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^ Not sure if we're on the same wavelength or not, I was thinking it was about classic FM (synthesis) video game music which put me in mind of the Genesis. I was reading classic "FM video game music" special and not "Classic FM" video game music special.

I'm not familiar with Classic FM, sounds like I'm out of the loop. Not the first time...

9. Bob The Skutter

Classic FM is a radio station in the UK that plays Classical music. They have a "Saturday Night at the Movies" programme that this week did a special on video game music.

10. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Get well soon......:techman:

Will give that show a listen to later.

11. Bob The Skutter

Thanks, am trying but still coughing up the odd bit of blood here and there.

12. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Get well soon, Bob.

I don't usually listen to Goodall's show (I only listen to the radio when I'm driving), but I did chuckle when I heard the show being trailed earlier in the week. The nice thing about Classic FM is their willingness to play all sorts of orchestral music, not just traditional classical music. Especially over the lunchtime request show, you sometimes hear stuff like Star Wars squeezed in between Mendelssohn and Schubert. The juxtaposition is quite entertaining, almost regardless of the content itself! :D

13. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Another get well soon :) I love classical/film scores and a friend introduced me to Goodall's show a few months ago. The Bond show was particularly fine. Can't say big fan of other Classic FM output though. A bit middle-England for me.