Star Trek: The Next Generation 365? What's this new book about?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Dream, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Teppo

Teppo Lieutenant Red Shirt

2. Man of Steel

Man of Steel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hey Paula,

Might we see a DS9 365 book followed by one for Voyager and Enterprise?

3. Daddy Todd

Daddy Todd Commodore Commodore

Got my copy yesterday. It's beautiful. And heavy!

Now I just need to find time to "assimilate" it!

4. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

I elected to use Amazon pre-order for this one, and was notified today that it's on the way!

5. paulamblock

paulamblock Ensign Newbie

:confused:We'd love to write them--but that depends entirely on audience demand. As you might suspect, full color coffee table books cost a LOT to print and they have to sell in large enough quantities to make it a winning proposition for the publisher. The TOS 365 book showed enough audience interest to merit the TNG 365 book. If the TNG 365 book sells well, Abrams will certainly consider moving forward with additional Trek books. We are keeping our fingers crossed because we'd love to do it!:mallory:

6. FrontierTrek

FrontierTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Over at TrekCore, we've done a lovely interview with Paula & Terry about this book (which is magnificant, by the way - don't hesitate in ordering it!)

You can read Part 1 here: http://www.trekcore.com/merchandise/tng365_blockerdmanninterview1.html

There are also some full resolution preview pictures of the sorts of images you can see in the book. I'll be posting Part 2 (with more previews) tomorrow :)

7. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

8. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I got my copy the other day but haven't really looked at it yet. :)

9. FrontierTrek

FrontierTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

10. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Have to say that my favorite picture so far is John deLancie made up as a Borg. :techman:

11. Therin of Andor

The first time we saw de Lancie as a Borg was for the interactive video boardgame, "Borg Q-uest", which was never released. (Previewed in "The Communicator" magazine.) Footage was shot on the TNG sets, as it had for the previous Klingon interactive video boardgame.

And then came the "Star Trek Borg" computer game (and Audioworks adaptation). Q impersonates a Borg in that production, too. What I don't know is if they reused the footage originally made for the boardgame's video, or started all over again?

12. Therin of Andor

My copy arrived today. I took ages just to glance at every page. Maybe you could use it like a page-a-day calendar and make the reading experience last a whole year.

Lots and lots of on-set pics we've never seen before. Even when we had Richard Arnold bring five or six slides for each new episode at annual Australian conventions, there are still so many "rare" pics in this book. Of course, it also has to cover seven years of episodes, where the TOS version only had to address three.

It's hard to even know where to start. Like the best coffee table books, it's fun to just riffle and stop to browse. The few pages I have read fully have all had new snippets I didn't know, or had forgotten.

Well done paulamblock and Terry Erdmann. It's great to have TNG 365 in both hands at last. (Too heavy to hold in one hand!)

13. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This was my birthday present from my wife. I'm 119 pages in, and loving it. Very nice work, Paula.

14. paulamblock

paulamblock Ensign Newbie