The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JeffinOakland, Aug 25, 2014.

1. JeffinOakland

JeffinOakland Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm watching The Clone Wars. its a series that ran on thr Cartoon Network for 5 & 1/2 seasons. I'm enjoying it tremendously. The animation is often amazing and the tone is surprisingly mature and gritty for a children's cartoon. Are there any other fans of tis show out there?

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Lots of fans here. I'm not even that big a Star Wars fan, and I thought The Clone Wars was fantastic.

3. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm a big fan of that show.

4. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

5 seasons on Cartoon Network, season 6 on Netflix.

5. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

I just started a couple weeks ago; I'm about halfway through season 1. There have been some good ones, and there have been some real stinkers. Some of the character movements and dialogue are awkward at times.

6. wulfio

wulfio Captain Captain

Ya I really enjoyed that show. But I don't want to give any spoilers so I won't go in to discussion.

7. JeffinOakland

There are a surprising number of plot twists and a lot of character development; esp for a kid's cartoon. Several 2-5 episode story arcs. Really keeps you interested. I'm in Season 4 now.

8. adv1701

adv1701 Commander Red Shirt

I'm surprised when people suddenly discover shows. How do they not know this? Great show and season 6 was epic.

9. JeffinOakland

Personally, I don't watch a lot of tv. Most tv is stupid and boring and the commercials are agonizing to sit through. I count on friends and co-workers to clue me in on shows they like and then I wait for them to show up on Netflix, then I kick the show's tires for a few episodes.

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

When I say "I discover" a show, it more accurately means "I finally got around to watching" a show.

11. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I still haven't seen season 6.

Welp, guess I better stay out of this thread.

12. Disco

Disco Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Have only watched the Clone Wars film. Will get round to watching the series soon.

13. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Do you have Netflix? If so, you should watch it. Season 6 was great.

14. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

I recently finally got round to watching Season 5, and have now decided to rewatch s1-4 but in chronological order. As laid out by the Star Wars site-
    http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

Up to 202 at the moment, funny that I can't watch the s1 finale until well into s3.

Anyone know if s6 will ever be released on DVD? I don't wanna subsribe to Netflix solely for that.
    Esp when s5 wasn't that great. Yes it was 20 episodes but it felt slightly a con with all the 4-part arc, thus feeling more like 5 episodes really. And good god the first three arcs were hard to get through. A tedious rebellion one about some people I couldn't care less about, some effin younglings and that annoying pirate guy (never liked him.) And then that godawful droids arc; I was seriously losing the will to live during parts of that.
    The last two arcs were enjoyable at least.

As I say I'm rewatching it all, but I am skipping through certain ones. As Stevil2001 says; there are some stinkers. If you think I'm gonna sit through those Jar Jar episodes for a second time you can think again!

15. Wadjda

Wadjda Commander Red Shirt

It's an uneven series. I really wish if they would had done an anthology with different arc very loosely tired together or they could had focused on the main cast and a consistently darkening tone. It could had been great, the way it it just has some great arcs.

16. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm still waiting for the balance of the episodes to be released on DVD. After that, I'll do a rewatch, one that goes straight through, instead of a season every Christmas, which is how I've been seeing the show the last four or five years.

17. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

That's how I'm watching it, actually. It's so weird! It makes perfect sense in this order, obviously, but it's just bizarre to watch, say, "Rookies" like it's a sequel to "Clone Cadets" when actually it's the other way around.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Same here. There are plenty of shows I know about that I just haven't gotten around to checking out yet, like Breaking Bad for instance.

As for Clone Wars, I loved it. While there were some dud episodes and arcs, overall I thought it was great. The best Star Wars on screen since the OT.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  19. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

The Clone Wars had its ups and downs. I like to think that it had more ups than downs.

20. NJOberheim

NJOberheim Captain Captain

I loved the show as well. I havent seen season 6 since i don't have netflix. I'm dying to see it. I read today that it's being released on DVD in Germany Nov 20. If that is in fact true, then hopefully we'll see a North America release around the same time. I hope so! I want to start watching Star Wars Rebels but would like to finish Clone Wars first.