looking for advice

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by trekkieleah, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trekkieleah

trekkieleah Cadet Newbie

Hi there,

I have a "Star Trek The Next Generation" Red beam Hologram of the U.S.S Enterprise NCC-1701-D that will probably make more sense to you rather than me. It dates from 1994.

I also have a Make Your own Model book of the Star Trek U.S.S Enterprise. This one dates from 1996

i am looking to sell these on ebay but not sure how much they are worth and was wondering if someone would let me know. Please

have got pictures and both items are in excellent condition

Thank you

2. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure about the hologram, but I looked on Amazon and the book goes from 99 cents to $24.99 for "collectable".

3. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Why not go on ebay and see what others are selling those things for?

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^That would seem to be the most sensible course of action.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The op says that he looked on ebay.

Collectability and resale is a gimmick and lie.

The only thing worth anything is bourbon and cigarettes.

Your real problem trekkieleah is that Star Trek was cancelled and the market for these things is shrinking.

6. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

Unfortunately, Guy Gardener is correct - unless something is very rare and more importantly desirable, there isn't much money at all in the resale of collectibles. If you attend collectors fairs and conventions, you notice how cheaply some of this stuff from the 80s and 90s is selling - the same stuff which was a "collector's item!" when it was sold, with the implied promise of greatly increasing value and vague urban legends of figure collections selling for thousands at auction. You can pick up most of it now for considerably less than the original selling price.

As the OP question has been answered, and the thread isn't relevant to this forum, I'm going to close the discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.