Glee's 100th episode Celebration (Two Parter)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by tomalak301, Mar 26, 2014.

1. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know Glee isn't as popular as it once was, but did anyone see the last two episodes, specifically the one tonight? I've been not liking Glee lately as much as the next guy, but tonight's episode reminded me of why I did like this show in the first place. It was the official end of the Glee Club, and it was a very poignant ending, one which I wish this episode was the series finale.

It will be interesting to see where Glee goes from here, given it's going to New York full time. It feels like it won't even be Glee anymore and they should rename the show to something else. Also feel bad for the 2.0s (Marley, Kitty, Ryder, etc) but at least they got some kind of send off. They were pretty much ignored in the last 5 or so episodes. I doubt we will see them again, but maybe it's for the best. They found a way to keep the original cast together and I think that's what people gravitated towards this show, or at least that's what it became. Still, tonight's episode was emotional, fun, and New Directions will be missed.

As for the songs, I'm glad they did Loser Like Me during these two episodes, but I was shocked on how great this version was. It's interesting in that some comments you would hear from Glee fans was being a song was better than the original or Glee should do Original songs. Well, Glee took one of thier original songs and made it even better. Love how that works.

Also really like this version of Don't Stop Believin' with everyone taking turns singing the song. Glee's done maybe 5 versions of this song, and I would say this is my second favorite, right after the original, the one that got me into the show in the first place.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  2. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I've actually become a huge fan of the show over the past three months or so (thanks to Netflix and Amazon instant stream, I was able to catch completely up to broadcast).

I came into this two parter thinking I was really going to miss the "newbies." Or the 2.0s as you called them. But if anything this two parter has shown me that while yes I will miss them, I think the show moving to New York and paring it's cast down a bit will only be good for the show. It kind of sucks though, that they didn't really get any musical numbers these past two episodes. I know it was looking back and really focusing on the original class, but the 2.0s had some great musical talent as well. I would have at least liked a number from Marley.

Another thought about the move to New York, Jane Lynch is still on the show so I'm curious how they will work her into New York, and Will as well (I can't believe he's leaving the show, I could be wrong though). And Tina, I really thought they were going to contrive it so she could be in New York too. I don't read up on the cast as much as I do some other shows, so I have no idea who's staying with the show and who (if anyone) is leaving.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

If Sue's corner is syndicated or becomes syndicated, there's no stretching to be worried about.

I dearly wanted 42 minutes of CHUMS.

Actually, if you think about how Life on Mars worked, a season and a half of CHUMS would not have been out of the question before she woke up and graduated next year... Or how Awake worked?

4. ialfan

ialfan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I really liked the last two episodes. In a lot of ways they surpassed my expectations and I didn't even realize how much I missed some of the old cast until they were all back together. The first half showed it was written by all three creators of Glee though and was better and more balanced.

I was pretty indifferent to the sophomores for a long time but towards the end of last season or the beginning of this one really started liking them just in time for them to go. They were supposed to be part of a performance at Griffith Observatory with Will and April singing 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' but was cut for time. I think even if you didn't care for them it's telling that Becky got a better sendoff than they did. Sucks they didn't even get a single group song to go out with. 'Somebody to Love' would have been great.

Sue is back in at least one episode later this season and Matthew Morrison has confirmed he will be back next year. It really did feel like it was time for a change in direction on the show and I'm excited for what the remaining season and a half will bring.

5. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I gave up on the show last season, partly because I felt the New York plotline was boring. I hope they have found a way to make it more interesting or maybe it was just me.

Anyway, this article mentioned a bit about Sue and New York:
    I have no way to tell if this article is reliable or not. The "she will fall in love, and it will change her forever," line reads to me more like the author's speculation than "fact," but I could be wrong.

6. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I found the last two episodes pretty emotional, and it will be interesting to see where it goes. I feel bad for Marley, Jake etc as well, especially because they were really marginalized the past few episodes, but it's always good to see the cast reunited. So it looks like it's going to be Rachel, Santana, Britney, Kurt, Blaine, Sam and Artie in New York. I actually quite liked the split version of the show though and it'll be weird not to have the high school as a part of it any more.

7. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I’ve given up on the show. The plots are not interesting to me anymore. Neither are the characters nor the songs.

And to read online of the shenanigans of some of the actors/actresses against their peers...I’m not interested in seeing certain actors in other things, either.

8. tomalak301

What Shenanigans? I haven't heard or read anything about that.

9. Guy Gardener

Is there some sort of chart to show the real life hook ups between actors and how they are different from how the characters jumped on top of each other.

10. propita

Hollywood gossip sites. A guilty pleasure of mine, even if I don’t know any of the people and care about just a few.

Evidently, Lea Michelle and Chris Colfer demanded the ouster of Darren Criss and Naya Riveira (I know, I spelled names wrong, it’s because I don’t care enough about the people). Both will be leaving the show. Supposedly.

And Lea Michelle and Cory Monteith were not “together,” just PR.

Why does Hollywood think that they have to pair off people all the time? Just let them be single, or lovers, or gay, or whatever they are? I think I’d rather read about some actor just doing normal stuff than some fake relationship.

11. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Yeah that all sounds like tabloid gossip to me.

12. tomalak301

I just google searched some of the stories you were talking about, and found this instead:

-Lea Michelle and Cory Monteith were going to have a family - news from the daily Mail in February

-Lea Michelle and Darren Cris are doing a broadway duet in a future episode, but no mention of animosity at all

I haven't heard anything about Naya Rivera, nor any animosity between her and Michele. Based on the news I've heard, it seems like the cast gets along pretty well, In fact, the only animosity that I've heard was the whole Dianna Agron not appearing in the Finn Tribute episode, yet I think that whole thing was blown out of proportion too.

13. Guy Gardener

They're all 30 year olds pretending to be 15.

Both their immaturity and maturity would surprise me.

14. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

To say nothing about how so many grads can just wander around a high school week in and week out without ANYONE noticing, or caring, but really that's just par for this show's fantasy quotient.

I did enjoy these episodes and they work well as a series finale, so I'll have no problems signing back off after this. I never caught onto the new characters, who seemed to be even MORE caricatured than the originals. There's only so much you can do in the twenty minutes you have between musical numbers, and IMO this series has long since reached it. I *really* liked the first thirteen episodes of the first season - IMO they were never able to continue on properly after it.

Mark

15. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, I know someone who is privy to some inside info on the aforementioned, and from what I know from that person, D. Criss definitely not leaving the show early.

16. propita

That's good to hear, because the guy is really talented.

But I lost interest in the show.