The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

"it's classified", as I mentioned earlier, is a bullshit answer though. Classified from who exactly? The Russians? The Chinese? What good does it do to keep the cure a secret?

2. dansigal

dansigal Captain Captain

Not defending the answer, just saying, if that's what he's going to go with, and if he's got a military dude hell bent on people not harassing him, what else is there to do? Just keep asking him? I don't need time spent on a scene with Glen just going "that's a stupid answer, just tell us" for like 10 minutes.

3. selina

selina Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I was a bit puzzled that no one asked more questions aboout it. If I were living during the ZA and someone told me he could help with a cure for the virus, I would be very excited about it. Of course, maybe it's all just hot air, but still, I was surprised that there wasn't more response. I assume the characters were too busy with the consequences of losing the prison.

Joe, the leader, conveniently forgot to mention that some of the guys were probably raping a girl while they were at the house. He didn't tell Daryl the whole story. While that doesn't make him a liar, it doesn't make him trustworthy either.

4. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

:guffaw: The aliens who unleashed the zombie virus to begin with - don't yaaaaaaaaaaa know. ;)

5. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

No they weren't. The only mention of a girl is when they find Michonne's recently cleaned, and still damp, shirt and they try and to play their little "Dibs!" game on who gets a turn at her when she returns. They didn't have a female captor with them whom they were raping.

On Eugene. Sure it'd be annoying and pointless to continue to ask him to spill what he knows given he's committed to the "It's classified" thing but it's odd so many are just taking him at his word.

Abraham enough so that he's willing to risk his life, and others, to get Eugene to Washington. Glenn seemed to mostly just accepted that he knows, Sasha, Maggie and others. They just say, "Oh, okay! Cool! The world is saved!"

Hell, Glenn should be more suspect since he was there at the CDC when Jenner pretty much said world health organizations were struggling to figure out what was going on.

Seems like given the state the world is in you would just accept someone's word that they know what's going on and can stop it given the global impact the problem has caused and that even if there is a "cure" it's hardly going to kill all of the walkers at once and instantly bring the world back to normal.

Now, maybe Eugene was able to fast-talk Abraham into believing him somehow but everyone else so far seems to have pretty easily taken Eugene/Abraham at their word.

6. DarthTom

^^^ Now that I think about it, one thing that's kind of annoying about the Talking Dead is that they hand select the questions - both live and any e-mailed/tweeted/facebooked that are softball - I love the actors - you are the greatest thing since slice bread.

Not once do I recall anyone asking either the producers or actors some of the tough questions about some of their more obvious plot problems in the series. The largest of which as many have pointed out countless times here before is that gasoline would have gone bad.

7. dansigal

dansigal Captain Captain

This was my understanding as well.

So the question is, do these guys have a legitimate gripe against Rick when it comes down to it?

8. selina

selina Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^ Ah, okay, I got that wrong then. From the pieces of dialogue Rick overheared I assumed they had a girl with them.

9. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You would think Eugene would be telling everyone his theory and writing it down in order for the info to have a better chance of getting to someone in Washington.

10. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

That's what I thought someone would tell him.

11. DarthTom

Another odd non-emotional moment in last week's episode. It seems as though both Rick and Karl were able to get over Judith's presumed death fairly quickly. You'd think Karl would be in greater emotional turmoil over his little sister's death - the girl that he birthed - and then killed his mother for.

His lighthearted banter with Michonne in context with the recent presumed death of his sister seems a bit odd.

12. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

I think Glenn didn't seem to trust Eugene, he's just going along with it. I think at this point, they've all been in such hopeless situations that they really want to grab hold of anything that seems positive, even if it's not entirely credible. And those that don't believe will go along with it because they've got nothing better to do but survive.

Also, I could've sworn that when the commotion goes on in the house after Rick escaped, they were yelling, "Get her!" But in hindsight that doesn't entirely make sense since the commotion was likely from the turned Lou.

That's neither a tough question nor a plot problem. The answer is that it just works. No doubt the people in charge would laugh it off and say the show is about zombies and that people shouldn't be expecting scientific accuracy in every place.

13. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I guess since there is apparently a still-functioning government in DC

They've been away from TV, sci-fi books and TrekBBS for a long time, so they may not be so up on science.

He could've given them technobabble, and in his annoying voice, they said "OK, whatever".

While the CDC didn't have a cure, it was just a few weeks into the crisis, and by the time they reached Jenner, he was all alone. His wife had recently died, and most of the other people at the CDC either died or abandoned their post. So there might not have been as much research done as there could have been. And being almost 2 years out, plenty of time for observation & experimentation.

Assuming that Eugene isn't just a Trekkie spouting enough technobabble to sound plausible.

No one of the other people there are scientists..and Abraham believes there is a government in DC (we've seen no evidence of it)...so that last bit of the old world seems like something they can accept.

See above.

Rick and Company needed that cameo to show us how close everyone is to Terminus. (especially Darryl's group to Rick)

And Terminus...well, that's why this is a teaser....teasing us into hyping "what's going to happen next"... great way to end and build up anticipation for next week.

14. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Yeah, based on Rick's attitude after Lori's death, I expected the absent schizophrenic Rick to return. I get that Karl is relaxed near Michonne after she admitted loosing her kid but Rick and Karl should be more emotionally distant.

15. Levi

Levi Commander Red Shirt

Starfleet Academy, San Francisco, Earth/Sol
    I just caught up on Season 4 up to Ep11. Got the last of it to catch up today!
    I like how theyre really starting to get into the darkness of survival in a world such as this!

16. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

It gets better too.

17. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

My guess? Terminus is full of cannibals; and our 'heroes' are next on the menu.:eek:

18. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Nice one :techman:! I don't trust that place one iota. Something is definitely up there. It seems... 'too perfect'. And any place like that, has to have its share of secrets.

19. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Like Carol after Sophia's death, I think they are now learning to internalize emotions. In other words, they are hurt, but they also "know the score" of this world, and cannot fall apart for an extended amount of time (i.e. Rick in season 3), as it leaves you vulnerable--especially now that they do not have a stable shelter.

Carl's already exhibited a range of reactions: sobbing after finding the bloody carrier, then anger (associated; blaming Rick for not killing the man who caused his sister's "death") while they were seeking shelter.

Still, just imagine how much of a nightmare father and son will become if they reunite with Judith, and someone threatens her?

Emotional tidal wave on the way.

20. DarthTom

Suffice to say that any place during a ZA where you can walk up to the front door, walk in and no one is seemingly guarding the entrance there is a problem some where afoot.