Cancelled TNG movie?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Smack, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Smack

Smack Lieutenant Red Shirt

Does anyone remember TrekBBS news posts regarding interviews with both Patrick Stewart and later Michael Dorn about a 'big name' in hollywood trying to get them back together to do another TNG movie?

We've got info on the cancelled Star Trek: The Beginning, but what about this proposed film?

It would be interesting to know who this 'big name' was and what their idea was. I remember this piece of news floating around while we were still hearing about J.J. Abrams and the Erik Jenderson script. Any word on what this was going to be?

2. Falcor5

Falcor5 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think I remember hearing rumors a few years ago that Bryan Singer wanted to make a TNG movie. It would make sense since he is a pretty big TNG fan from what I have read and even had a cameo in Nemesis.

3. Kadratis

Kadratis Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The only thing that I heard was about Patrick Stewart and Brent Spiner thinking that Nemesis could have a possible sequel in an E! News segment (or some other entertainment news program) shortly before the film premiered, but they're thoughts were probably dashed when the movie flopped. I don't recall Dorn saying anything about it, though.

Edit: Found the interview. It's just a transcript because MediaTrek no longer exists. It can actually be found here at TrekNation in TrekToday's archives. :)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  4. Beyerstein

Beyerstein Captain Captain

5. zenophite

zenophite Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

knowing actors it was probably just one more of those phony hollywood "let's do lunch" type elevator pitches that never left the imagination of whoever dreamed it up.

6. T'Cal

T'Cal Commodore Commodore

TNG belongs on TV not at the movies.

7. Cyrus

Cyrus Vice Admiral Admiral

Probably Al Vinci ;)