‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Theophilus

Theophilus Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Wouldn't this armor be getting pretty heavy by this point? What the hell powers this thing? It's not an Iron Man suit with an arc reactor. Superman could just knock Batman over and he'd be trapped like a turtle upside down on its shell. I suppose that wouldn't make The Fight very interesting. Funny, but not interesting.:p

2. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

We know Kryptonite can be used as a powersource. Maybe he's got some Metallo tech hidden in there.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Have you read The Dark Knight Returns?

Most of your questions are answered therein.

4. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You can believe that Iron Man's armor is powered by a miniature nuclear reactor implanted in Tony Stark's chest, but it stretches credibility that Batman has a power source built into his armor? :wtf:

5. Theophilus

No, I haven't. I do apologize if my posts are getting obnoxious. I'm just reacting to these things from my own point of view in the context of Man of Steel.

I'm aware of some elements of The Dark Knight Returns. At least, I think I am. Isn't Batman's suit powered by the city's power grid?

6. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

We have no idea how log going to be wearing the suit nor how's powered.

7. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I honestly would have expected something similar to what happened in the story-line with Superman and Batman meeting in the "Smallville Season 11" comic that ran. To fight Superman, Batman wore a bat-suit the emitted red sunlight.

8. Theophilus

I know, I know. I'm splitting the hairs of realism in a movie about a flying alien and a billionaire that dresses like a bat.

I just have the hardest time believing in the reality of the movie's universe of a fist fight between Batman and Superman.

Maybe I simply need to get over it.

9. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

We have only seen the smallest portion of the MOS reality we have no idea what type of tech is available in it. Much like Nolans Batman I am sure the MOS Bruce has his own bleeding edge research department creating all kinds of toys.

10. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe the suit's Kryptonite powered.

11. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Its powered by Waynium.

12. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

13. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Not worth opening a new thread over, so asking here instead.

At the end of MOD, the government is looking for Superman.
    They know what he looks like, they know he is around 33 years old and that he is from Kansas. Clark told them himself.
    His Do they not figure pur his Clark Kent persona at this point?

14. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

How does a government that is distrustful of him not know if that is misdirection?

Anyhow, This is a universe where a pair of glasses are the perfect disguise!

15. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Lois was able to figure it out through some pretty basic entry-level foot work. You'd think the government would have no problem at all.

16. Theophilus

An incompetent US government is the most realistic part of Man of Steel.:devil:

17. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Well, who says they don't figure it out? We'll have to wait and see. I think the MOS people have suggested that it might turn out to be kind of an open secret with people like Perry White, etc.

18. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

In what way were they incompetent? Superman's existence had only been officially confirmed for all of a single day in MoS, and there was an immediate global crisis that kind of occupied their attention after that. All things being equal, despite getting their asses kicked for the most part (which can't be helped, since they were facing near indestructible alien foes), I thought the military's showing in MoS was actually pretty good. Certainly nothing like the military incompetence shown in the '98 Godzilla, for instance.

Besides, we don't know Superman's situation in the new movie. If it's a variation on the general theme of The Dark Knight Returns (which the armor in the teaser hints toward), Superman might be working for the government in some respect, which may be what leads to the conflict between him and Batman.

19. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

And I actually prefer that idea myself. Not only is it something different than we've seen before, but it makes the world feel at least a little more believable and real if the people who work next to him all day (and the government that would use every resource to hunt him down) are already aware of who he is. And don't have to look like complete idiots for not noticing.

It's easier to accept that the larger public wouldn't know, because they'd probably never expect an all-powerful super being to slum it as a lowly newspaper reporter in the first place.

20. Theophilus

C'mon, I thought that was a good joke!;)

But really, everything that went down in Smallville would be a giant red flag to investigators and all the strange things with the Kent kid over the last 30 years would lead them right to Clark, just like Lois found. But instead, the government spends at least 11 million dollars on a drone.

The military was superbly potrayed. The government is a different animal.