Christmas, whose football shirt you most want?

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by fahren, Dec 26, 2013.

1. fahren

fahren Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2013
  2. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't really like player jerseys because the player is probably going to get traded, cut, retire, etc. and there will be a logo/color change (teams change logos like I change my socks) at some point during the life of the shirt. Plus anyone older than a college student looks goofy in a jersey.

Then you have the double lameness - 40 year old man in an outdated jersey.

Give me a Patriots sweatshirt and I'll be happy.

3. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I think this is a spambot, but I wouldn't mind a discussion about jerseys. I'm a fan of them if I'm at a sports bar or a game, but I don't wear them otherwise. I do have one contemporary player (DeSean Jackson) that I got as a gift (actually, I have a Ravens Joe Flacco jersey I also got as a gift, but, since I'm an Eagles fan, I don't like to admit that very often ;) ).

However, my general rule is to only get jerseys of retired players. That way they don't end up leaving and going to play for your division rival or something. That's why the jersey I wear most often is a Randall Cunningham jersey (despite his stay with Minnesota, he'll always be an Eagle). It also allows me to have a retro Kelly Green Eagles jersey. If I get another one, it'll be a Brian Dawkins jersey. I also have an Eric Lindros Flyers jersey. If I were to get a Phillies jersey, it would be Chase Utley, but I have to wait for him to retire first. ;)

4. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

I have an old Tim Brown black 81 Raiders jersey that I still love. I have a personal rule too, I would nver wear the jersey of a team I didn't support as a fan. But if I were ever to break that rule, I wouldn't mind rocking a Rams home jersey, Penn State home (preferrably "3"), or an Eagles jersey. I think all 3 are sharp.

5. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

I had a couple of Juventus FC football jerseys when I was a kid. I haven't had one since I finished middle school, I think.

6. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

On most Game Days I can be found wearing my Marshall Faulk away jersey. It's falling apart, but I still love it.

7. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Your initials wouldn't be B.B. by any chance?

Go Ravens! :techman: Getcha next time. :)

8. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

They are what they are.

Major difference is that I don't cut the sleeves off mine. They're expensive and nobody gives me a wardrobe full of them as a job perk.

9. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Dag, he doesn't pay for those! :)

10. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Atlanta Falcons

11. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hope the NFL isn't being as hardass about what names they will allow on jerseys or shirts as the MLB has suddenly become. It used to be that you could get pretty much any name and number you wanted, but now MLB won't let you get any name or number if pretty much any player has ever had it. They'll only let you pick from a few names they feel like letting you have.

And they only recently started doing this, too. Before I went on my last trip this summer, I got Giants and Padres shirts custom made with the name and number of my favorite player (Dave Dravecky). I wouldn't be able to get those same designs now.

12. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

I'd love a Seahawks Number 3 Russell Wilson. :D