Star Wars: The Old Republic anticipation thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chaos Descending, Jun 10, 2011.

1. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^I think the number of patches since release is proof against that fear. Another way to look at the content being added in 1.1 is "stuff that wasn't finished in time for release".

2. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Clearly you missed the Smuggler NPC and the Rodian sitting at a nearby table. ;)

4. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Have a level 34 Imperial Agent over on EU's Trayus Academy. Found the game to be generally very fun, loving the kind of 'James Bond Meets Space Gestapo' vibe to the IA story. It's World of Warcraft's approach to MMOs mechanically with BioWare's storytelling, and as someone who has played way too much of the former and probably too much of the latter too this has been very up my alley.

And that I can romantically pursue a man whose mind has been subsumed into an insectoid Hive is deeply weird and endlessly amusing to me, so of course I have done so with gusto.

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

To create a guild you need 5,000 and 4 players but does the 5,000 come from all the 4 players involved in the creation or just the lead guy?

6. CorporalClegg

Just the GL AFAIK.

7. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

It will come from the Guildmaster, but you could trade currency to that person prior to guild creation.

8. sojourner

From the lead, yeah. and if you don't have at least 5k by the time you hit coruscant then you're doing it wrong.

Finally got my Legacy name tonight. As I feared, my first choice was already taken. It's something I don't like about how the system is implemented. Once people realize that the names are permanent you start racing the content in order to try and get that name before someone takes it.

9. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

As someone who won't be able to get the game until later this year at the earliest, I'm worried that by the time I get to my legacy name I'll end up being stuck with something stupid because all my original choices will have been taken. :(

10. CorporalClegg

A least they changed it so it's Server specific. Originally they intended it to be cross-server.

11. sojourner

They should have just applied all the legacy stuff to the account and let each character have a separate last name.

12. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

I just hit level 17 last night. Playing Republic Jedi Guardian on Trayus Academy. "Name's Zarel, Jedi Guardian Zarel."

And damn, what can i tell you. Either I epically suck at this game, or its wholly unbalanced. Some characters are simply unbeatable 1on1.

13. sojourner

17?? You haven't seen any hard mobs yet. Except in the heroics, which aren't meant to be solo'd.

Does Guardian get Force Stun? Make sure you use that on hard mobs and let Kira beat on them while you channel it.

14. CorporalClegg

It's not that, Guardians are just really, really late bloomers.

They get their best skill at 50 at which point they pretty much paWn everything.

But devs have said it's the one class they are going to tinker with in the upcoming big patch. My guess is they reduce all the redundancy in their skills. That would help a lot. A AoE taunt would be nice too--or get aggro generation much sooner than they do.

15. sojourner

The 1.1 patch is coming tuesday. I hope they work fast.

16. CorporalClegg

Well after I posted I went and looked it up.

This is Cameron Winston's post from the 9th:

This morning someone just posted this from the patch notes:

Clearly they're not working fast enough. :lol:

17. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Any players on here (Persus Mining Facility server) looking for a guild by any chance? Thought its worth a punt to ask ;)

18. LunarYoma

LunarYoma Commander Red Shirt

what level were you when you got to get your legacy name?

19. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I thought you get it once chapter 1 of your story is complete. My Legacy name is displayed as a title "The Ouroboros Legacy" (means eternal basically)

20. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I don't believe it was ever intended to be cross-server. The original announcement on the pre-wipe forums said that it was cross-server by accident, and it was quickly changed.

As Jax said, it's after you finish Chapter One (Alderaan and a small amount of content after the planet). Average level is probably low-to-mid 30s. Other than skills, there isn't much in this game that's tied to level - it's all tied to story beats, which different people will finish at different levels.