STO: TrekBBS Armada and House of TrekBBS - Fleet discussion and FAQ

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Timelord Victorious, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Re: STO: TrekBBS Armada and House of TrekBBS - Fleet discussion and FA

Thanks to those that have chipped in recently, projects got a nice little boost!

From a priority standpoint, we're ALMOST finished with the DIL mine project, which should cut the DIL costs down for the other projects, so would recommend we focus there next. After that, a Spire project is coming close, then just general leveling wherever you've got a fit with materials I guess.

Once we clear the DIL mine, should cut down on the DIL-only provisioning missions that got slotted, and maybe we can clear them out to go back to missions that keep leveling the holdings.

Keep pushing, we're making good progress again. If you haven't had a chance to jump in, or just haven't had the right materials, maybe just run a couple STFs, or a PVE event in general. You'll get a chunk of DIL to dump in, or maybe Fleet Marks, both of which are usually top of the list for needed donations. And when you get the vendor-trash level of loot (anyone REALLY need a blue Mk X deflector anymore?), sell that stuff off in favor of some DOFF packs, which can then be put in the grinder for the varios projects...

2. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

Does anyone in the fleet need a few of the common items to acquire the winter items? I have a small collection (sorry I used the rares to purchase a snowman pet.)

Have your character send a note to @rocketeer_7

3. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, you shouldn't stop playing the winter event until you've got a gun, mortar, and frosted boots for each of your characters. Play with coats and scarves after if you like, but make sure you've got that much so that you can hit the ground running next year.

I've also been stockpiling things after that, should be able to buy anything new I want on day 1 of next winter event. Don't just burn your extras for scraps of latinum at the end of the event!

You should also keep running the daily race, even if you already got the ship. I've got my toons with a huge headstart on next year's ship, and started this year with about half of the needed pics. About half done on the summer event ship as well :)

As long as you've got a little room in your bank, definitely worth keeping this stuff, keeps you way ahead when the events launch. And from a money standpoint, you can sell your extras for big bucks when the event starts, people are always desperate for the new gear immediately, so the bells/beads were like 250-300k each when the winter event started...

4. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Worth burning a few xmas ornaments on the 2013 winter event ornament for the starbase, or just wanna pass? I'm not super excited about having it...

5. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

I don't have that many, but I'd be willing to part with them. Also they haven't been that expensive on the exchange.

6. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

at the beginning of the event, they were, but should be dirt-cheap now...

7. Rocketeer

Yeah on my characters, I went for the weapons (most got the Flurry), the scarfs, the boots, and some got the jackets. (I'm holding out for the blue jackets on my sci officers)

I'm not interested in mass donating toward a project but will share a few if a fleet member is having trouble just getting the basic items. Please don't ask if you already have 3 winter jackets or whatever.

8. Leroy

Leroy Commodore Commodore

Just made a new Klingon Sci character, can somebody invite me into the House of Trekbbs guild? I'm Daiagganar@Leroy_Landers. thanks

9. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Well, got a couple projects kicked off, and we're this close to upgrades for the DIL Mine (which will make everything else cheaper) and Spire (nice TAC consoles). Keep the push going, Fleet Marks and DIL are the current needs...

10. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

20k dilithium missing for dilithium mine upgrade.

11. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!

Invite sent!

12. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Nice, got the mine and spire upgrades going. Next up, big Embassy upgrade. Good sized project, so keep chipping away at it!

Also got another Mine upgrade ready to go once the current one completes, and we're getting close on the next round of Starbase upgrades! Mine upgrade will lower the cost of Fleet Marks in all future projects, so makes sense to make that one next priority, will make the rest easier to complete.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  13. Sibo191

Sibo191 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Would like to join trekbbs aramada Silas@sqboden

14. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

If anyone is on today can you send and invite to Kirk@hartzilla2007, I had to leave to fleet to pick up a Fleet Assault Cruiser.

15. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

If no one gets to it, I'll try and get you both this afternoon.

Hartzilla, if you have another character in the fleet, should be able to invite yourself back in, as well...

16. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

both invites sent

17. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks.

18. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Embassy Tier 2 and Spire Tier 1 projects are both underway. Grind away and let's see if we can clear some upgrades!

19. Rocketeer

What's the most efficient items to donate to build fleet credits?

I've been doing spring-cleaning on all my inventories. (Yay, I finally have room to pick up drops again.) I was going to put some items in the fleet bank but saw that it's pretty vacant. Is that intentional...?

Thanks,

20. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Fleet Marks and DIL, mostly. Which works out good, as those are the ones usually needed the most :)

To burn EC, though, can sell what you've got and pick up the commodities, or buy either DOFFs directly or buy DOFF packs that you can donate the DOFFs from, and grind the green ones back into commons to donate.

Also, been running around in the Voth ground battlezone lately, and it's a VERY quick/easy way to earn DIL. Just cruising around the city in laps, do the projects, kill the dinosaurs, and you make more than you can refine without any real effort...

As for the bank? Just a lull, I guess. All the stuff that sat around got sold off to buy things to put into the projects, and just haven't had much put back in lately. So much of the good gear is bound, and the other stuff isn't super helpful (or gets turned in for EC), so the bank's purpose isn't quite what it used to be...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.