Enterprises Warp 4.5 - Warp 5

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by WraithDukat, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WraithDukat

WraithDukat Captain Captain

Was it ever stated by and of the production staff whether this Warp factor was based on the TOS warp table or the TNG warp table?

Always assumed it was the latter (since it was better known) but were there any sources?

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Enterprise NX-01, like every other Star Trek, flew at the speed of plot. The writers never refenced the time/speed tables from the technical manuals.

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Actually, I think they did base it on the TOS warp scale. Some of the various times that they used to describe how long it would take them to get from one place to another were more consistent with the TOS scale than the TNG one. I can't provide any specific dialogue now, though; it's been too long since I last went through the series.

4. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Given that neither the TOS or TNG warp scales are canon, it's kind of a moot point in a way. But if we did go by the TOS warp scale, then NX-01 probably was no more than 60 light-years out from Earth at any given time in the series. But since the ship could easily return to Earth whenever necessary, she may be about as fast as the Enterprise-E at Warp 5 for all we know.

Go fig.

5. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Set course 72 mark 40, Warp Factor Plot Speed.

But inuniverse it was either

1.>The TOS scale
    2.>A scale which predated the TOS Scale.

6. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Welcome to the forum, ArcherNX01. :)

While we appreciate your enthusiasm, and heaven knows Archer needs as many fans as he can get, starting 5 threads in less than 2 hours and hardly ever returning to participate in them is a little too spammy for this board.

In future, limit yourself to one or two threads a day and try to contribute something a little more substantive. Also, have another look at the FAQ to better familiarize yourself with forum guidelines. Thanks, and enjoy the forum.

OP answered; thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.