Shuttlepod one

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by WraithDukat, Jan 19, 2013.

1. WraithDukat

WraithDukat Captain Captain

I think the episode "shuttlepod one" is among the finest in Star Trek. I don't know why but there is just something about it.

Anyone agree?

2. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

It is a good episode. I personally wouldn't rank it as one of Trek's finest but it is good.

3. SchwEnt

SchwEnt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's okay. Sometimes ST does this, sets up a sort of stage play essentially between two characters to play it out. DS9's "Duet" and "Waltz" were similar, two characters playing off each other for the eps.

If you've got two good characters and actors who can pull it off, it can work just fine--sometimes exceptionally well.

"Shuttlepod One" was okay.

4. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

It's too bad they never did an episode with T'Pol and Hoshi trapped together. Though I've seen so little of ENT, not sure either actress would be able to carry it.

5. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

I agree. Superb character episode, with neat dialogue, and great performances by both Connor and Dominic. My favorite episode of the series, actually.

6. NeedsOfTheMany

NeedsOfTheMany Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

You could see the chemistry between Conner and Dominic in this episode, too bad Malcolm never had that many episodes centered around him aside from the espionage.

7. Lucky

Lucky Captain Captain

This was one of my favorites as well. I love Trip episodes, and I thought this one had a simple, but compelling premise, and the actors all did a great job.

8. BruntFCA

BruntFCA Commander Red Shirt

Great episode and a real highlight of the first season. I wish they had used Reed more instead of just having Archer do everything that should be left up to the security chief. They also did that alot with Mayweather by sending the friggin Captain to fly dangerous missions instead of the chief pilot.

9. WraithDukat

WraithDukat Captain Captain

I agree it is the character dialog between Reed and Trip that makes it.

Plus it does a good job of highlighting the difference between the 22nd and 24th century. If that happened to a 24th century shuttle it wouldn't be too much of a problem for the pilots.

10. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There's some nice character interaction in it, but over all... the story isn't really about anything and there are no lasting effects of it on the rest of the show.

11. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

No lasting effects? This was where the Trip/Reed friendship began.

12. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Which was a big part of the show and had several story arcs dedicated to it. :p

13. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I don't know if I would go so far as to say it was one of Trek's best, but it's one of ENT best.

14. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

You didn't say anything about story arcs. :p But it did become a fairly prominent and oft-recurring part of the show, yes.

15. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

I wish we've gotten more of it. After seeing this ep, I remember thinking: "O'Brien/Bashir 2.0, hell motherf*** yeah!" :)

What did we use to call these two around here? "The disaster twins"? Damn, how I sometimes miss this friggin' show. :(

16. NeedsOfTheMany

NeedsOfTheMany Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Consummate pros at there craft, you could see that they enjoyed doing the episode together. It rings out later in other episodes when they have scene time together, good chemistry.