Season 1

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by pastorcgc, Apr 14, 2013.

1. pastorcgc

pastorcgc Ensign Red Shirt

I just Finnished season 1. With out given any spoilers what does everyone think of season one and compared to the coming seasons how does it rate? I lived season 1 and find the show to ne my favorite Trek so far. Though I still have have still not seen tos or tng.

2. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Season 1: Bad
    Season 2: Very bad
    Season 3: Alright
    Season 4: Pretty good.

Though ENT brings up the rear of my favorites list behind DS9, TNG, VOY and TOS. :p

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Season one: Meh, with a few good ones.
    Season two: Meh, with some AWFUL ones, and some good ones later.
    Season three: OMG AWESOME!!!
    Season four: Good (although you need to see TOS and TNG to "get" most of it, since it'a prequel-mania)

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Season one - mediocre
    Season two - mediocre to poor
    Season three - mediocre to good
    Season four - good to very good

This is all relative to how I rate Enterprise vs. my favorite, The Original Series.

5. LtChange

LtChange Captain Captain

Well here is my take:
    Season 1: Pretty good, but some mediocre episodes
    Season 2: Like season 1, but with some outstanding episodes and also some very bad ones too
    Season 3: Very good
    Season 4: Amazing (it is on my Top 5 all time Star Trek seasons)

6. Goji

Goji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Of the four, Season 1 has the most episodes I'd rather not rewatch. And they usually come in bunches. "Unexpected" and "Terra Nova" back to back, really early on, is kind of a buzzkill. "Rogue Planet"/"Acquisition"/"Oasis" is possibly worse, though I do always appreciate seeing Odo again. The rest of the season is pretty good to decent. Definitely a better first season than TNG or Voyager had.

Season 2 only has two episodes I can't really stand, "A Night in Sickbay" and "Precious Cargo" but they are easily worse than anything in season 1. "A Night in Sickbay" is worse than most things in general. The season on the whole lacks direction but episode to episode there's little that really turns me off, other than the previously mentioned clunkers. I used to be pretty down on this season and the series in general but these days I tend not to put any one season entirely in the minus column. There's honestly worse in the franchise.

Season 3 has some good stuff in it but I don't know that I'm sold on it as some massive improvement over the first two seasons. Season 4 on the other hand does stand out as the best of the bunch.

7. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Seasons 1 and 2 are both godawful.

8. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Season 3 blew me away. It was was incredible and one of my favorite seasons of all Trek. The other seasons were good but not great for me (overall).

9. donkey

donkey Commodore Commodore

I think season 1 is weak compared to season 3 and 4. I didn't enjoy several of the contrived plot devices that they used in season 1. I think they hammered out these issues tho and I would rate season 3 of Trek as my favorite season of ANY trek as well as one of the best seasons of TV (any show) ever.

10. MPH

MPH Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Season 1: Average
    Season 2 : Bad and killled the franchise off in TV format
    Season 3: Very Good
    Season 4: Good

11. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

I'm pretty much of the same view as most in this thread. In fact, when I was picking up ENT DVDs at Costco last year, even with the reduced prices there, I only picked up S3 and S4.

12. horatio83

horatio83 Commodore Commodore

I actually like the first two seasons a lot and consider the second one to be the best. It is like many other second season quite dark, it features the best Andorian-Vulcan story and unlike during the last two seasons the Enterprise is actually doing some deep space exploring. The last season, as great as it is, suffers from being a cruise around the immediate neighbourhood, the Enterprise is always close to Earth.

13. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

That's exactly how I see it as well.

14. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

Season 1 - Solid and entertainig overall, but definitely not a classic Star Trek season by any means. Tends to veer between good and average a great deal more than I would have liked. I totally understand why many would find it a bit "meh".

Season 2 - No change here. For me, pretty much on a par with S1 - see above. Feels a bit like complacency has set in on the producers/writer's parts - with no attempt made to spice things up. Very much playing it safe.

Season 3 - A definite improvement on what's come before, actually, pretty damn good. Shows a willingness to shake things up and embrace new ideas.

Season 4 - This is more like it, an excellent prequel to TOS, and a golden season of Trek for me. If only they'd come out of the gate like this.

15. BruntFCA

BruntFCA Commander Red Shirt

Pretty much exactly how I see it.

16. Lady Conqueror

Lady Conqueror Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well personally I prefer Season 1 & 2 to Season 3 & 4 but that's an extremely minority opinion around here.

But really other people's opinions don't matter - go into the Season 2,3 & 4 with the same attitude you did for Season 1 and make up your own mind. (and then come here and shout down anyone who disagrees with you :p )

Have fun

17. horatio83

horatio83 Commodore Commodore

It is a bit like with TNG, the first two seasons might be "objectively" (obviously this is a nonsensical term when talking about art/entertainment but I think one can use it in the sense of ignoring one's own preferences for the moment) worse than the third and fourth one but there are some ingredients in the early episodes which are later totally absent: the galaxy feels large, unexplored and mysterious, especially 2nd season episodes are often directly mysterious (e.g. The Royale or Contagion respectively Deadstop and Vanishing Point) and there is less continuity weaving / serialization (which enhances the feeling that space is empty).

18. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Season two made vulcan mindmelds a metaphor for gay sex.

19. Silvio Dante

Silvio Dante Ensign Newbie

Hello everyone :)

I never watched Enterprise first time round so decided to jump in a week or two ago.

I'm not nearly halfway through season 2.

I was pleasantly surprised at how much I like it to be honest. Apart from Reid (who is very annoying) and Tucker is a bit clichéd, I like the other characters.

However the writing, editing and general lethargy of Season 2 up until now is very disappointing and its no surprise why ratings flopped, first time round.

However I'll stick with it and hopefully Season 3 perks up...

20. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

Season 3 is considerably better.

I think even those of us who love the series put Season 2 at the bottom when ranking them, although there are good episodes in there. I like First Flight and The Expanse, and I actually like Cogenitor as it makes you think.