Playstation 4: 399 USD/Eurio

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by firehawk12, Jun 11, 2013.

1. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

There you go.

Also, no DRM.

(But you have to pay to play online, it seems)

2. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Win on price, win on specs, win on DRM, losing on games for me just because Titanfall is the only exclusive I've seen that I'm really interested in. But overall I think Sony just did themselves a lot of favors.

Though that Parallelogram design looks like shit IMO.

3. AlphaMan

AlphaMan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah. Respawn totally fucked up for latching on the Microsoft so quick. It looks good, but I'll be waiting for a price cut before I buy an Xbone... If I ever do.

4. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

What I would not give to have been a fly in the Microsoft room when the PS4 used game policy, internet connection requirements and console pricing were announced. I bet the profanity was FUCKING EPIC.

5. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I am so getting this on day one. :D

6. Capt. Vulcan

Capt. Vulcan Vice Admiral Admiral

The way shit gets around the gaming industry MS probably already had a pretty good idea.

7. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I don't think that Microsoft care. They think they're right, just like with Windows 8. I'm fairly convinced PS4 is the way to go next gen. Though I've been fairly set against Xbone since the reveal.

8. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mi...hdd-hdmi-cable-headset-camera-sold-seperately

9. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but the PS4 just did a Hulk to Microsoft's Loki.

10. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

According to PSU, the PS4 will also feature a removable hard drive and will be region free (just like the PS3).

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I don't play online multiplayer games, so I really have no need for a headset in the box, but otherwise, I'm still pretty pumped. The parallelogram design seems a little silly, though.

12. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

So, right now the worst thing about PS4 is something that's already wrong with XBox 360.

My only concern is that Microsoft will be able to use the no used games thing to finagle exclusive deals out of major Western developers.

Fortunately 75% of my favorite games are Japanese. No risk of any Japanese games being XBox exclusive. And any Western games that are not on PS4 will probably have superior PC versions anyway.

13. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

For myself, I am getting the PS4. I have already two games that I am interested in - Thief and Witcher 3. I thoroughly enjoyed the earlier Thief game on the first XBOX. There is one location that I remember vividly - it was the insane asylum. Great game overall.

14. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

They're not even launching in Asia this year, that sort of tells you what they think about that market.

15. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Crazy to see stores taking pre-order on these consoles now. PS4 certainly feels less daunting than XBox at the moment, I know I'm leaning that way at the moment.

16. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I am in the U.K. and want some American T.V. shows and film special editions. Any idea if I will be able to play 'foreign' Bluray movies on the PS4 or is it just for games that it will be region free ?

17. beamMe

beamMe Commodore

Only if the Blurays are region-free.

18. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Ah, pity.

Thanks.

19. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I don't understand people pre-ordering now. Of course, I don't understand people who buy a console in it's first year either, so whatever.

20. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There's not much downside to pre-ordering on Amazon. I can cancel up until a couple of days before release so who cares? Supply might not meet demand, better to do it this way than to decide I want them in November and not being able to get them for MSRP.