Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I know the Clovis arc was supposed to air last season (it was in the Season 5 trailer) but I only heard recently it was originally intended for Season 4. My guess it took place shortly after we met Satine because of Obi-Wan's reference to her.

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

the production code on the Clovis arc is 4X19-21, which places it after the Onderon arc and before the Jedi Younglings arc. Oh wait those were actually in Season Five. So it was held back from Season Five.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That does explain why it was Ian Abercrombie voicing Palpatine/Sidious and not Tim Curry. I assumed it must have been held over from earlier when I saw his name in the credits.

4. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

It was great hearing Abercrombie again. I think Curry did a much better job than he did in his first outing (The Wrong Jedi) but Abercrombie really had the voice nailed down well.

5. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Abercrombie remains my favorite voice artist for Palpatine, but Curry's done a pretty great job trying to fill his shoes.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I just rewatched the pilot movie. The action scenes were great, but there were quite a few embarrassing elements. I'd forgotten how annoying Ahsoka was when she first appeared...

I'd also forgotten how the initial episodes of the series were always Obi-Wan/Anakin fights Grevious/Dooku/Ventress :lol:

7. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

Yeah, the series really evolved in complexity and depth as it went on. Ahsoka, in particular, embodies that ... maturation. Though, admittedly, it never really leaves the Obi-Wan/Anakin duels Grievous/Dooku/whoever - unless you add Ahsoka to the mix. Which was always fine by me. ;)

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I would say by Season Three they definitely shifted away from Jedi vs. Sith lightsaber fights and moved more into a sweeping anthology of the entire war.

I can't help myself I'm having a huge Netflix Clone Wars marathon! I'm watching the pre-series episodes (Cat and Mouse, Hidden Enemy, Clone Cadets, Supply Lines) then I'll switch to S2 because I saw S1 several times.

9. Greylock Crescent

^ That's awesome.

Once I have the time, I'm definitely going to try and do the chronological viewing order. That should make for an interesting experience.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Me too. Netflix will make that a lot easier since it won't involve constantly changing discs.

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm just shocked that I'm getting Blu Ray quality images from a streaming video on my PS3! It looks gorgeous! I saw the entire series on standard def tv up until the very end so this is quite the treat.

12. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Netflix carrying the entire series is extra great for those of us who don't own all of the first five seasons on disc, not just because of the constant disc switching. Hopefully the entire six-year run of the series will remain posted for a good long time so a lot of fans can successfully play catchup.

13. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I started back on season one after finishing the series myself. It feels like it takes forever to get away from Grievous and freighters...

14. Greylock Crescent

^ Which is why I think the chronological order might be better. It spreads out the weaker (production-wise) early episodes a bit. Maybe that'll give the series a different (and more engaging) feel.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Same here. I just got my first HDTV last year, and the show looks gorgeous in HD.

16. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did you pick up the media remote? Quite worth the $20 IMO. I got the old style but I imagine the new one is good as well.

17. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Nah, I just use my wired controller. I mainly watch DVR and not Netflix.

I just realized something. I just watched the Clone Wars pilot movie. Wasn't there a scene where somebody fights a monster like a Gundark or something in it? Cause that wasn't in the version I just watched?

18. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

No, but Mace does fight two Gundarks in one of the new episodes.

19. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

That's what reminded me of it, actually.

You know what? I'm thinking I remember now... it was a deleted scene that was on the DVD, but not on the movie, is that right?

20. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

All I remember as far as creatures in the deleted scenes is something that was supposed to be a rancor but was an absolutely awful incompetent attempt at depicting a rancor.