Once Upon a Time in Wonderland

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Mr. Adventure, Oct 11, 2013.

1. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Saw it this weekend and like it so far.

2. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Good grief. After watching episode 2, I can honestly say this show has an anesthetic effect on my senses. Where is the story going? The plot isn't very engaging, and the pacing moves at a lethargic pace. The stars of ”Alice & Knave” are meandering about in Wonderland looking for Character #3 who's being held captive by Character #4. I watched Heroes, V, and 666 Park Avenue, hoping they would eventually get better, and now I'm getting the same vibe here.

3. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think ABC would have been better off introducing a character first onto Once Upon A Time and then sending them off to this show and running this as a summer series on Sunday nights as a short series taking place until OuT returned in the fall.

They could have reached a conclusion to the storyline at the end of the summer and the next summer then done another storybook land themed series.

4. SAndrews10

SAndrews10 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thought this one was a definite improvement over the pilot. I felt like I was watching a OUAT episode. Acting by the Red Queen was better for what that's worth...

5. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

It wouldn't matter when ABC aired the show, because it is not and never was going to be an Anthology series. Even if it was aired in the summer, the setting and characters wouldn't change for future seasons if said seasons were greenlit. The only thing that airing the show while the parent show was on hiatus would be that it would be more likely to be deemed a success.

Also, ABC put the series on now because they believe in the concept of it very strongly.

6. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Finally got to watch this and starting to warm up to it. Really starting to like Alice cause the first episode didn't do much for me.

Jafar is finally coming off pretty well. Felt he was pretty flat in the first episode along with the Red Queen whom im dieing to find out the back story.
    Though hope this gets wrapped up soon though cause it seems the ratings are sinking and i'm the only one that seems to like this show.

7. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

On ABC, Once Upon A Time in Wonderland earned a 1.2 adults 18-49 rating down 29 percent from a 1.7 for last week’s premiere.

How long before its cancelled?

8. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I've already given up on it. First episode did little for me and the second did even less. Normally I give a show more of a chance, but I honestly can't see this going in a direction I'm likely to find interesting.

9. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

As soon as I saw the woman in Will Scarlet's bed and they never showed her face I knew she'd turn out to be the future Red Queen.

And the Sarlaac from Star Wars exists in Wonderland.

10. DigificWriter

Betrayal is doing even worse, but ABC has said that they're not cancelling that show, so I don't personally think this show is going to be cancelled either.

What I think will happen is that it will air its full, already-ordered compliment of episodes but won't be renewed for a second season, which is fine given that it's a complete, standalone story with a built-in beginning, middle, and end and things will have been totally wrapped up by the end of the finale.

11. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Queenie looks better as her alter ego, a twist I didn't see coming because I must be stupid. Jafar needs a mustache he could twirl, he cracks me up with how hammily(is that a word?) he relishes his evil.

What's the episode order, 13? Might has well see it through.

12. DigificWriter

13. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

A Sarlacc?

Digesting in his belly for a millennium?

Lucas is going to sue.

14. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

ABC is owned by Disney, which now also owns Star Wars. It's them showing off their new copyright powers.

15. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

And here I was thinking that I was wrong because Lewis Carol must have invented the Sarlacc first and Lucus stole it off him 30 years ago... So this was just them Jerking off in the safety of their own playpen?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  16. Jolaris

Jolaris Commander Red Shirt

So... Any guesses to who will play Han Solo, or do we need more of the swashbuckling thieves with hearts of gold? How many are they now, Knaves, Robin and Hook?

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hahaha, Sarlacc! I thought this one was pretty interesting. Even before the Sarlacc putting Star Wars into my head I was getting kind of a Jabba vibe from The Caterpillar. I like finally learning Will/The Knave's backstory. I knew as soon they didn't show the Anastasia's face that she would be The Red Queen. I am curious to see exactly how that transition took place. She apparently already know about Wonderland, so was becoming a Queen the whole reason she wanted to go there?
    According to TVLine, Whoopi Goldberg will be voicing Mrs. Rabbit, who will appear in both the present and in flashbacks. I've been wondering if The Red Queen is holding her and/or their kids, if they have any, hostage.

18. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Her name is Anastasia, she's probably the rightful heir and last survivor of her murdered family.

19. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Forced into exile when Cora (The Queen of Hearts) arrived and somehow took over?

20. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe because the Anastasia animated movie from the 90s looked so much like a Disney movie in style and plot that Disney actually thinks it was one?

In which case we'd need a Rasputin.