"Castle" season 4 begins tonight

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Neroon, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

That is pretty neat.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

That is pretty awesome. "Cougar Town" isn't something that I would normally watch but I have been curious about the series, mostly because I'm a big Courtney Cox fan.

3. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Do it.. it's whacky fun and the group is just loveable.

4. 46379.1

46379.1 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

You just have to cope with the first half of season 1, when the plot of the show was that Jules (Cox) sleeps with younger men. When they got rid of that, it became a really good ensamble comedy.

5. FPAlpha

If you ever imagined how it would look like when they finally are together and Beckett is seducing Castle this is it! :lol::lol:

I sqealed like the little Castle fangirl that i am! :lol:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq0PUv-Sc6I&feature=related[/yt]

6. Admiral_Young

Ooooh that was awesome. Tonight's episode sounds like it will be interesting from the episode description.

7. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Has anyone else noticed since they bumped the opening title to the act 1/act 2 split, there's still a natural split between where they would be between the teaser and act 1? I keep forgetting to mention it after seeing the whole episode, but I keep noticing a little hiccup in the pacing where there's a mini-climax but no break to go with it.

8. Admiral_Young

I have noticed that change...except for the hiccup. A very interesting episode tonight as I expected. Great Rick and Kate moment when she sees him in the vault, and Martha's quip was funny. We are getting closer and closer to Kate and Rick getting together though. I predict it will happen in sweeps. Either November or Feb sweeps...the latter being more plausible for me due to Valentine's Day? Unless they want to avoid such an obvious theme.

9. FPAlpha

Awesome episode.. those 42 minutes just flew by.

Castle is really a devious man isn't he and cool as cool can be under fire but the real telling moments are the reactions of Kate.. i've rarely seen her this furious and if something would have happened to Castle, i.e. he got killed she would have had her revenge even if it meant to go to jail and ruin your life.

I was so grinning broadly when the robbery ended, she saw him and was so happy you could almost feel her fighting the urge to hug or even kiss hem when Martha steps in to break the moment :lol:

It also broke my heart when Alexis nearly broke down for fear of losing the two closest persons and being alone.. that Ashley brushed her off afterwards in a moment of dire need was the death of their relationship (it was apparent that it was ending but this was the final moment).

Loved the ending of the episode and the family moment they all shared.. a sneak peek at the future to come for Castle and Kate? ;) (just noticed on the rewatch the funny "terrified" look in her face when Martha hugs and spins her around when they get to Castle's appartment.. apparently she's not that used to close moments with other people. With Castle's family better get used to it! :lol:)

@Adm. Young:

I don't think it will happen that soon, i.e. November sweeps because if believe it will be "reserved" for Beckett's mother case which will most likely take a step forward and maybe the writers will move their relationship forward a bit but i'd guess not the whole way.
    However i'm a firm believer that by the end of the season, in the season finale at the latest, events will transpire to get them together finally.. and i'll kill someone if the scene is the season cliffhanger! :scream:;)

10. TimmyWl

TimmyWl Commodore Commodore

I thought it was good. I liked how there were two different games that Kate had to play - that of a hostage crisis solver and a homicide detective. I also liked how Castle's mother got some air time.

11. Admiral_Young

Martha is simply wonderful and the more extended air time she gets...the better it is for all of us. Molly Quinn did indeed have her most powerful acting scene of the season when she confronted Kate and revealed her fears about losing her family. Great Alexis scene, and a great pay off later on when family Castle is hugging and she exchanges a thank you look with Kate. I think that was one of Alexis only scenes with Kate and Molly and Stana executed it brilliantly.

I'd almost forgotten about Kate's mother's case. We've not really touched on it yet, so much has happened already this season. Next episode looks like it will be fun!

12. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Hasn't it always been that way? There's a point a minute or two in that feels like the natural end of the cold open, but then they just put off the title card until like 8-9 minutes in. It's been like that for as long as I can remember, and it's always bugged me.

13. Admiral_Young

I think it is relatively new...I just recently watched the season one DVD and don't remember it being like that.

14. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

It's bad enough the "opening titles" are about 5 seconds these days, and that Castle's doesn't happen until the act break, but it drives me absolutely batshit that they're still popping up actor credits 20 minutes into the show. Good lord!

15. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Hey, is Stana okay? Her face looked rather gaunt this week. Damn near cadaverous in some lighting.

16. I Grok Spock

I Grok Spock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've noticed that a number of the new shows this fall seem to be welding the teaser to the first act. Looks like it's also finding its way into established shows. I suppose networks are doing it to keep people from jumping channels.

17. Causchy

Causchy Ensign Red Shirt

I remember that at the very least they were doing it in the latter half of last season, but I don't know before that. I knew it was coming at 9-10 minutes into the show every time. Like a few others have said, I have found it sort of odd.

18. Admiral_Young

Stana looked great as usual to me...perhaps it was the lighting??

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  19. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Could be. She's got great cheekbones, but they cast a hell of a shadow in overhead lighting. :)

20. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought this was a great episode this week. and what a twisted ending.