Dallas - Season 2

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Agent Richard07, Jan 15, 2013.

1. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

oops yup. sorry lol

2. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Awesome stuff. That little grin Bobby was sporting had just the right amount of "neener, neener, neener" to it.

And John Ross and PamBecca at the altar in a quickie wedding was the scene of both shows.

3. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Business or not, J.R. is spinning in his grave at his son marrying the daughter of his greatest enemy. They're the Romeo and Juliet of evil.

4. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Unless he'd be overjoyed by the thought of what said marriage will do to Cliff. I knew the writers weren't going to keep Pamela in the dark about what her father had done for much longer, and that was easily my favorite part of both episodes (although the quickie marriage was pretty cool, too). High marks to Julie Gonzalo.

I'm also interested in where Emma's storyline is going. Will she agree to rehab or go back to her father? Is there a third option?

And what about the big reveal(s) concerning J.R.'s masterpiece?! Grrr.... I hate waiting.

5. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

6. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Here's the text from the original article that the one wissaboo linked to links back to:

Emphasis mine.

It's all supposition and extrapolation from what Duffy said in his one attributed quote in the piece.

It could be just as likely that he's putting the word out publicly that he knows Dallas is doing for TNT what TNT wants Dallas to do for it, but also to corner them in to announcing a renewal.

It could also very well be TNT has renewed the show but has yet to make the official announcement, but the cast does know.

I'll believe it when a source like Deadline or THR reports it. Till then, I'm hopeful!

7. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

8. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

Excellent news, and well worth the wait.

9. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I actually don't mind having it in the summer. It won't conflict with my other viewing, which will be on hiatus by then. :)

10. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, they certainly deserve another season. I'm pleased to hear it. As for the wait - it's only a year! Isn't that customary in television? One season per year? ;)

Not to beat a dead horse on the Victoria Principal thing, I wouldn't be offended if they recast... although it's looking like an off-screen death is a bit more likely. Seriously - I don't think recasting Pamela Barnes-Ewing after so many years would be sacrilegious. Episodes 12-13 were great so I am sure we're all in for a treat (and a Cliffhanger... get it?) next week!

Ken Kerchival is kicking ass.

11. doubleohfive

I'd be ok with a recasting as well, if Principal refuses to return... I just feel like it would be a huge coup on the show's part to get her back.

I don't mind waiting till summer 2014 either; the first season's ratings were great during summer 2012; they likely will improve again in summer 2014.

12. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Granted, I may have missed something here and there with so many plot threads hanging around, but did Christopher and Pam ever finalize their divorce? They were still legally married when she was in the hospital after the explosion. They made a pretty big deal out of it at the time. So, how did she and John Ross get hitched?

13. cardinal biggles

When Cliff meets Pamela for lunch (the lunch where she demands her 1/3 share in Barnes Global), he hands her a paper and says something about it being her annulment. So evidently it went through.

14. doubleohfive

^Yeah, Cliff even says something to the effect of "You're finally free of the Ewings," or some such.

15. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

The thing about soaps, we still don't know if Pam is dead or alive.

Plenty of people fake their deaths.

Still, the pendulum looks to be swinging the other way right now.

16. cardinal biggles

Yeah, this latest revelation seems to pretty much cement it.

40 minutes left in the finale, but I think they've done a good job handling the unexpected curve Hagman's death threw them.

17. Ar-Pharazon

And it's still quite possible Cliff didn't do it.

18. cardinal biggles

HOLY CRAP! WHAT A TWIST!!! :eek:

19. Ar-Pharazon

Now I'm really upset that it's going to be a whole year till S3.

20. cardinal biggles

Hoo, yeah. That was a hell of a season finale. :D