Fox Offers Matthew Vaughan "X-Men The First Class"!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 1, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

what happened?

3. Admiral_Young

^ I find it hilarious that you quote JA lol...Bryan was contractually obligated to direct "Jack the Giant Killer" and had to step aside. It's mentioned in the article.

4. Vaughan left X3 because the script was shit (in his opinion). That's the story I heard anyways. "shit" is my own exaggeration, but if you read between the lines of his comments about how he didn't feel right about the script, that's kind of what he's saying.

5. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry.

On the flip side, I love Matthew Vaughn, and as much as I would have wanted Singer to do this, I would be more than happy if Vaughn got it. He could very well turn it down, but a Vaughn/Singer collaborated X-Men film is just too good to pass up.

6. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    The story I recall is that he dropped out because there had been a death in his family.

7. JacksonArcher

No. 20th Century Fox said he left for "personal reasons", but that line was bullshit, and even Vaughn admitted that. He left for creative reasons. He felt like he couldn't make the film the way he wanted to given the constrictions and limitations. That's why he left.

8. Admiral_Young

^ Yeah the original story of his drop out was due to personal reasons that weren't disclosed at the time. I've read both of the reasons stated are due to his departure on the film and I wouldn't be surprised if the non personal reason is true.

9. JacksonArcher

Apparently Matthew Vaughn already turned it down.

Out of that list, I'd vote for David Slade, who has directed the very smart, edgy thriller Hard Candy and the horror film 30 Days of Night. His next film is (gulp) The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, which actually doesn't look half bad.

10. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

11. Admiral_Young

Well that was fast and disappointing...too bad.

12. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

ANNNNNNNND we're back to square one

13. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe if directors keep dropping out it'll push the movie production back and back until FOX loses the rights to the franchise?

yea...not gonna happen, but I can dream.

14. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

If Nightmare on Elm Street has a good weekend I'll bet they offer it to Sam Bayer.

15. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Brett Ratner, here we come.

16. Admiral_Young

^ No...no no no no no no no no no! In the words of Lex Luthor "WRONNGGGG"!

17. JacksonArcher

[​IMG]

18. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Singer pushed off the ship, Vaughan declines, Fox wants to get the movie out ASAP... Brett Ratner hired to direct X-Men: The Last Stand.

Singer has a conflicting project, Vaughan declines, Fox wants to get the movie out ASAP... [INSERT NAME HERE] hired to direct X-Men: First Class.

19. JacksonArcher

Actually, I believe Singer voluntarily left X-Men 3. Warner Bros. offered him a sweeter deal with Superman, and so he accepted. However, you could say that 20th Century Fox was dicking him around by prolonging the negotiation process for X-Men 3 so it was their pis-spoor management that led to Singer's departure. Singer was more than willing to direct X3 had Fox waited for him.

20. Admiral_Young

^ I thought you typed Warner Bros offered Singer a sweater for Superman Returns...hahahaha I'd accept a sweater to direct a Superman movie too. ;)