Denied starship upgrade

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Lanny77, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Lanny77

Lanny77 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Long story short, yesterday I completed a mission and hit transwarp to Sol before the admiral finished their message. I leveled up to Lt.Commander fine but I'm being denied the option to get my new ship. Logged a customer support message with Cryptic but not sure if it'll be answered.

Is there anyone out there that can help or at least put me in contact with someone who can.

2. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Have you talked to Admiral Quinn? I was so happy that I had made Rear Admiral that I went straight to the shipyard for my new ship and faced your issue. I then realized I forgot to speak with Admiral Quinn and he fixed everything for me.

3. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

This

4. Lanny77

Lanny77 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Was able to get in touch with someone from cryptic team. Turns out the server glitched for a second and wasn't registering the promotion properly.

Feel free to ignore this thread

5. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

I realize that you said it was a server glitch and has been resolved. However, a lot of new people ask me this question so I'm posting what I do.

Anytime I advance (or get enough points to advance) to a new rank, I go visit Admiral Quinn, go do the promotion ceremony, then go back to Admiral Quinn, who then tells me I have a ship token and respec token. Then I visit the shipyard.

6. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

what's this promotion ceremony thing?
    whenever I advance in rank I just talk to him twice, then he gives me the tokens

7. Trek

Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There's an optional ceremony you can go to.

http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_Attend_Rear_Admiral_Ceremony_(Optional)

Minn Hilo is located in the conference hall which is in the same section as the Bridge officer trainer/medical bay.