Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Kinda cool that Yoda's ride's cockpit looks like a TIE fighter's.

2. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I feel like they're going to make a toy of that thing.

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Given Hasbro's current trend away from toys and collectibles based on The Clone Wars now that Disney is calling a lot of the shots I think if they do have ideas for more TCW ships it won't be anytime soon, but this is the Star Wars toy empire we're talking about -

even if they wouldn't make one anytime soon it can always appear on store shelves years down the road. It looks pretty cool and I could definitely see that in 3.75"-scale toy form.

4. Buck Bokai

Buck Bokai Lieutenant Red Shirt

5. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

6. cooleddie74

Meh. Not really, but she turned out to be a lot more positive and interesting than I gave her credit for when The Clone Wars first launched and she was a better character within the Lucas universe than initial impressions and suspicions led myself and others to believe.

7. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I concur with cooleddie. Twenty years is overstating things.

However, I'll say that she's the best thing in Star Wars to date since after ROTS, so change 20 to six and you got a deal.

8. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I don't know, they may have a point. I mean since RotJ, what exactly has been better for the franchise than Snips? Jar Jar? The prequels? Endless tides of mostly mediocre novels? Some pretty good video games? Mara Jade?

I suppose a better, more accurate assertion would be that the Clone Wars show as a whole is the best thing that's happened to Star Wars in 20 years.

9. cooleddie74

Now that would have been a better assertion and argument. It's certainly the greatest thing to happen to the Lucas universe since 2005, very little or no question about that.

10. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Epic! They always did great trailers for the series. I can't wait...

And it appears I don't have to, since it's already loaded up on Netflix! Locutus, out.

I agree with the others that twenty years is overstating things, but she has been a fantastic addition to the canon, and one of my favorite characters. Which is ironic since I couldn't stand her in the "movie" and subsequent first few episodes of the series.

11. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I just recently rewatched the movie for the first time since it came out (also watching the whole show in chronological order) and honestly, in retrospect it seems much better than I remember. I suppose it helps to think of it as just three or four episodes edited together and as I said, I'm watching it in order with the episodes, so it was prefaced by 'Cat and Mouse' & 'Hidden Enemy'.

As far as Ahsoka goes...the only slightly annoying thing is her use of "Sky guy" and "Artooie", both of which are only used like two or three times and pretty quickly dropped.

12. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I haven't seen the movie since it came out, but the only part I thought was stupid was the farting pooping baby Hutt. Everything else was fine. Obviously Ahsoka improved with time :lol:

13. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Now that the whole thing is available on Netflix, I wonder, does anyone have an authoritative list of the episodes in chronological order? I always hoped I'd get to rewatch the series in the right in-universe sequence.

14. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

15. cooleddie74

The farting baby Hutt (Huttlet?) was easily the silliest and worst part of the movie, yeah. I didn't mind the concept of Jabba the Hutt's infant child being drawn into a plot and intrigue during the wars but the execution could have been better. I didn't care all too much for the film or the early episodes of the series but thankfully the characters grew on me.

16. Christopher

That only covers through season 3, and there are conflicting theories in the comments. I was hoping for something complete and definitive.

17. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I watched it in full after the 5 Seasons were all aired, according to that order. It made good sense to me, and seemed that after the middle or so of S3 where that leaves off, that they stopped jumping around chronologically. I haven't heard of anyone wanting to move stuff around after that point.

Those couple of stray episodes, don't really seem to make much difference

18. cooleddie74

Well, Season 6 launches on Netflix today. I saw some spoilers for Episode #1 but at this point....meh. The wait since the final Cartoon Network episode was long enough. I'm just going to enjoy these no matter what beans other fans spill.

19. Christopher

Okay, apparently there's a definitive episode order given in a book called The Clone Wars Episode Guide, and it's reprinted here:

http://www.nexusroute.co.uk/the-clone-wars-chronological-order

And it does differ significantly from the link posted above. Although it makes some questionable choices, like separating "Supply Lines" and "Ambush" from the Ryloth trilogy. There's an alternative order offered in one of the comments to the linked post.

20. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I just watched "The Clone Wars" movie on Netflix, and I liked it a lot more than the reviews made me think I would (or maybe the reviews just gave me really low expectations).

Pilots often tend to be kinda iffy, so the fact that I liked this movie makes me have really good feelings about diving into the rest of the show.