Young Justice, Green Lantern return January 5th

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

:lol:

2. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

My first thought when Razor said he didn't love Aya:

"Damn, man. Why don't you just straight-out tell her to destroy the universe? It'll be as effective. Didn't the Guardian experience with the Manhunters teach you to be careful when dealing with an artificial intelligence?"

And then when Razor told Aya to turn off her emotions:

"Seriously? Did you get dropped on the head a lot as a baby?"

:lol:

3. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

DAMN YOU CARTOON NETWORK!!!!

I swear the more Young Justice goes on the more I hate CN for canceling it.

Its a good bet that the whole point of bringing the Reach to Earth is to undermine them and get them out of the way. The Galaxy sees the Reach as a threat and Earth will probably be their Waterloo.

4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed that GL episode today, just fun and entertaining. Razer lived up to his name, boy was really packing. Those rough landings strain my suspension of disbelief sometimes though.

Good teamwork vs superior threat on Young Justice. I thought they did a good job bringing people together and give everyone a part. Hopefully they remember to retrieve Sphere. Warworld really needs to learn to attack on a roundabout path instead of straight ahead. :)

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

But then they'd have to rename it Guerilla War World.

And how does a space station the size of a large moon attack stealthily?

6. Mr. Adventure

I was thinking more along the lines of if you shoot a thousand missiles you might want some of them to go around the big Fate symbol directly in front of you.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  7. Gotham Central

I do appreciate that this show acknowledges that you can't bring something the size of a moon into Earth orbit without it having some effects....Smallville and ID4 I'm looking at you

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The GL episode was a lot of fun.
    I loved getting to see all of the different heroes in action in the YJ episode. I'm thinking The Reach having access to Warworld is probably going to be very bad.
    I was shocked to see Blue Beetle turn on the team so early, I was figuring that wasn't going to happen until the very end of the season.

9. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, first it needs to position itself behind Rhea, and...

Oh.

Right.

Except for the unfortunate mention of "tidal waves" in the same breath as "tides", even though they're unrelated. I guess that's why Cat Grant is better as a gossip columnist.

Although I suppose the tidal effects would also cause earthquakes leading to tsunamis.

I thought it was hysterical that Mongul was playing it absolutely straight. By everything that's known about the Reach, he probably would have been doing the Earth a favor. How many villains can say that?

Guess that shoots down my pet theory about Green Beetle being a possessed and disguised J'onn.

I wonder what the public will make of an armed Reach fleet appearing out of nowhere, right after they announced publicly that they didn't have one? Surely the media got some footage.

10. Gotham Central

I want to know where Guy Gardner is? We know that Hal and John went off world with the League, but Guy was never invited. What did he do once the Reach arrived?

I also think that this proves that it would have been a good idea to have Kyle around as a member of the team.

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

The Warworld episode was really good, it was nice to see large scale League action for once. Did the opening scene show that the main League characters are willingly at trial on an alien planet, and so not part of the narrative?

12. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

^^There were alien spectators wondering why the trial was dragging on and why bribes to end it quickly hadn't taken place.

13. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

That's what took them out of the picture at the beginning of the season.

14. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Ah yes, it's been so many months since that aired :eek:

15. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Look at the bright side: in its place we get a new Batman series (to add to the 700 or so produced) and another silly-assed Teen Titans show. I wonder if this Robin will be a dick..or just a dick?

16. Mr. Adventure

Damn, M'Gann (or however it's spelled) is pretty damned powerful when they want her to be. That was a packed episode, lots of action and reveals. I liked the way they showed Nightwing chewing on the evidence and truth at the end.

Aya has gone into full (if you'll excuse me) psycho bitch territory. It will be interesting to see how this plays out as there's blood on their hands now. Of course, in that Hollywood way it also conveniently resolves the situation with Gi'ata.

And Lord help me, it's not my normal type of thing at all, but I like those silly cute Amethyst shorts. Maybe it's the airing in small bites.

Oh, and they really should come up with a new name for Sportsmaster. :lol:

17. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

The cool thing about Aya turning evil is that there's a bit of Azula creeping into Grey DeLisle's vocal performance.

I have a hard time believing, however, that Aya could be so simpleminded as to think that the way to assess the relative power of love and hate was to stage a physical combat between them. That's kind of a non sequitur, and too stupidly literal-minded for a superintelligence like her.

I wonder how much more we'll see of Carol as Star Sapphire. I imagine she'll be involved in the season finale, but will she return before that?

18. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I agree about the trial by combat thing being way too simpleminded, but I suspect that Aya is downright malfunctioning now.

It's a real shame GL is getting canceled. For a cartoon, it's pretty deep. Same goes for YJ. Of course, there could have been or could be plenty of deep cartoons out there that I just missed.

19. Mr. Adventure

Aya's mistaken about being emotionless, she's being driven by hate (or love) more than ever, she just doesn't realize it. And nothing pushes rational beings over the deep end than that.

20. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Exactly, the emotions of a jilted lover. I thought that was something they should have brought to her attention.