Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Haval_Runa, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Astraea

Astraea Commander Red Shirt

While reading What Judgments Come, I keep picturing Cervantes Quinn as a very drunk Woody Harrelson.

Also, the suggestion of Indira Varma as Rana Desai is brilliant; I can definitely see that.

2. WarsTrek1993

WarsTrek1993 Captain Captain

I've just stumbled across this thread and have to say, I like the idea of Sean Connery as Vaughn. Donald Sutherland would also be swell in that role.

To whoever's read "The Return", what do you think of William Fichtner (Colonel Sharp in Armageddon) as Captain John Lewinski?

EDIT: I would also support Robert Patrick as Captain Robert April.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  3. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ What novel are you referring to for Robert Patrick as April? In the Diane Carey novels, he was described as having an English accent, IIRC.

4. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

indeed. he's a cardigan wearing avuncular Brit. mr T1000 doesn't even come close...

5. WarsTrek1993

Eh, honestly I did the wrong thing and took a shot in the dark. :borg:

I still stand by William Fichtner as Lewinski, just give him the goatee.

And how about Bob Saget as Vaughn?
    (Okay, not really. Haha).

6. Stoek

Stoek Commander Red Shirt

Personally I've always pictured an American actor by the name of Fritz Weaver as Robert April, [​IMG]

He was O'Brien's defense attorney, but I knew of him from stuff before that and he always seemed like a good fit.

7. Cicero

Cicero Admiral Admiral

^ I'm not familiar with him, but he's along the lines of what I've always pictured.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

And in his onscreen appearance in TAS: "The Counter-Clock Incident" (voiced by James Doohan), he had a sort of semi-English or mid-Atlantic accent.

9. Cicero

Cicero Admiral Admiral

^ Though TAS doesn't count any more than books do.

10. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm sticking with Michael Palin as April.

11. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

Ooh, I like that. I'd always favored David Warner or Robert Shaw, but Michael Palin is a great idea.

12. WarsTrek1993

Michael Palin would be swell in that role too.

13. Mr. Laser Beam

^ I first thought of that when I saw April on the cover of a novel - Final Frontier, I think - and it looked like he was actually drawn to resemble Michael Palin. Then I read it and was struck by how much April seemed to *act* like him as well.

14. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

It's been suggested that Denzel Washington would be good as Tuvok's father....

For now, I'll focus more on Section 31. When I saw the fourth season of 24, I found myself thinking that Alberta Watson (who plays the CTU director with the schizophrenic daughter) would play a solid L'Hann. A firm leader with a rather dark soul....

For Vasily Zeitsev (the Director Worf encountered in A Time To Kill, who works with L'Hann to take down Zife in A Time To Heal)--Hugo Weaving. I think he gave a solid performance as the villain in Captain America--German accent and all. I think, were he to put on a Russian accent, he would be similarly superb as Zeitsev.

I'm unsure who to cast as Cole...he's not as appealing to me, somehow, as L'Hann and Zeitsev are. For now, I'd say Danny Huston (see: his performance as Stryker in the Wolverine film).

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Damn, I also had an actress in mind for L'Hann, but I've completely forgotten who she was.

16. Enterprise1981

Enterprise1981 Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Interesting that you should suggest Alberta Watson for the role of L'Haan for two reasons. First, I suggested Melinda Clarke, also on the current edition of Nikita. Second, I started to imagine Watson in the role of the heroine in my Lambda Paz series, having a similarly schizophrenic (pun intended?) personality-- frowning on Jack Bauer's methods of torture, but sanctioning different torture methods against one of her own people-- or in the case of my stories, condemning what Section 31 represents while still willing accept help from them.

17. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

The problem with both Alberta Watson and Melinda Clarke as L'Haan is that A Time to Kill/Heal explicitly establishes that L'Haan has dark brown skin -- she's a "black" Vulcan.

18. DS9Continuing

DS9Continuing Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Has Tuvok's father ever been a character in the books though? No point casting for a character that hasn't been written.

On the other hand, there's a supporting actor in Merlin who I swear is Tuvok's son ( Elieth? ) to a tee. Every time I see I just refer to him as Tuvok's son. His name is Adetomiwa Edun (http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Adetomiwa+Edun).

I thought I had a vague idea of that being the case, but I couldn't pin down where the information might have been established. Thanks.

19. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

^it's Elyan. as in Sir Elyan the White.

20. Mr. Laser Beam

But he *could* be written. ;) And Tuvok's parents have both been mentioned on the show, I think it was "Flashback".

Me, I think Morgan Freeman would be better to play Tuvok's father. And his mother? Either S. Epatha Merkerson from L&O, or CCH Pounder.