What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I love the story, the setting, and the characters of Dragon Age: Origins, but next to the Mass Effect games, playing the Dragon Age games with their Baldur's Gate-style engine, uninvolving combat, and voiceless protagonists feels like a huge step backward. I hope the upgrades and improvements made to DA2 will be similar to what ME2 was like compared to its own predecessor.

2. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    I picked up some games from my school's library to kill some time:

*Final Fantasy VII
    *Nobunaga's Ambition: Rise to Power
    *Lord of the Rings: The Third Age

3. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

"Final Fantasy VII" and "Nobunaga's Ambition" are both great games.

4. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just finished DAO:Witch Hunt tonight.

5. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    ;)

6. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Actually, I like DA:O for the same reasons you dislike it. I also prefer the ME games overall, but DA:O was a very nice change of pace and a nice throwback to the Baldur's Gate games (which I loved).

Also, the differences between the two franchises were very much intentional by design, e.g. the voiceless protagonists.

7. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

I've been trolling the 'net and my local Recycled Video Games for some titles that won't make my computer cower in the corner like a terrified dog, but no luck as yet. It's a pain in the arse when you can't afford to buy a brand new computer every time a game takes advantage of the newest DirectX tech or video chip. Mmm... chips... :drool:
    The game that my computer has the least trouble running is the original Star Wars: Battlefront... with the graphics turned almost all the way down... and even then it stutters if a grenade explodes nearby.

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

OK I just finished "The Waters of Life" quest on Fallout 3 and...
    I can't believe they killed Dad off like that! First of all you spend half the game looking for him, and reunite with only for him to promptly get killed off. Second, it was done in such a lame way! You just stand there and watch the regular character animations fall to the ground. No emotion. Really should have had a FMV or something there. Or at least him say "I love you sweet heart" one more time. Jeez. And since the game premise was finding him again, I kinda feel like the game's over now...

9. Niorah

Niorah Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Oh, there are quite a few things you can do still. It's not over yet. ;)

After finishing LotSB for ME2, I've played Toy Story 3 all evening. It came free with my new (second hand) 360 Elite and it's so much fun! :D

Today I'll download Witch Hunt. :cool:

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Help! I'm doing the "Trouble on the Homefront" side-quest in Fallout 3. I talked down the Overseer and now I'm supposed to talk to Amata to finish the quest. But I can't find the bitch anywhere! I've walked up and down that entire damn complex, and the walk-through instructions don't make sense!

"You can head north, talk the Overseer out of everything by a Speech Challenge, then head down the stairs to the lower level and locate Amata (and you'll bump into Butch here too) who will tell you to leave the Vault forever, even if you just saved it."

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Never mind, I found her cowering in the classroom :p

12. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I popped in Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Seems pretty cool so far.

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Finished Fallout 3! A very addictive game. The ending was a mite disappointing though it was fun following behind the giant robot.

That's the last of my new 360 games to play. I got some PS2 games for $5 each at Blockbuster; Ratchet and Clank Size Matters, Kingdom Hearts 2, and God of War 2.

I started Kingdom Hearts 1 but I found the controls to be very awkward and didn't understand how to do things or find things so I gave it up pretty quick. Does the second one have different controls and interface (I hope)?

I didn't play God of War 1. Would it hold up well to modern day standards? Not just the graphics but the controls and game-play.

14. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I won't have much time to play over the next few weeks, but I'll definitely play some Halo: ODST while waiting for Reach to arrive from Amazon.co.uk :techman:

15. Sparky

Sparky Commodore Commodore

NHL 11
    Fallout 3
    Phantasy Star 4
    Super Mario Galaxy
    New Super Mario Bros Wii
    Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion.
    Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past

I can't sit and play one game constantly. I always have to keep a few games going at once otherwise I get bored of the game.

16. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I played both GoW1 and GoW2 (as part of the GoW collection) for the first time earlier this year. Both games looked pretty good upscaled (especially GoW2). And yeah, GoW is still a good game. The the controls and game-play didn't really feel outdated. Now true, when you play GoW2 (or then GoW3), there's a lot of progress (especially going from 1 to 2). But if you play GoW first, you should be fine.

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Just bought Red Dead Redemption, and I am hoping it doesn't suck.

18. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ It definitely doesn't. ;)

19. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

No need to hope regarding Red Dead Redemption. That is one fantastic game.

20. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Its a decent enough game but I prefer GTA IV because Red Deads just seems a little hollow in places and lacks direction. I know its a sandbox game but GTA just seemed to have not only a more engaging story/characters but the world felt more real.

Still its fun enough to worth playing and I am still to try out the multiplayer.