Terminator-222 "Born to Run" - Season Finale <SPO>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Apr 10, 2009.

?

Grade "Born to Run"

1. "I'll be back." (Excellent)

85 vote(s)
    77.3%
  2. "Come with me if you want to live." (Above Average)

19 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. "Thank you for explaining." (Average)

6 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. "If we stay the course we are dead. We are all dead!" (Below Average)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. "You are TERMINATED." (Poor)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Dramatically, it was a sex scene. Checking the battery for damage was the justification, but it was a sex scene, totally.

And it has the same dramatic impact as a sex scene, pretty much cementing John's feelings for her.

2. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

"This is my Neural net CPU. A learning computer." T 800, T-2.

They have the ability to LEARN. To be able to play is simply part of that learned ability.

3. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I think you underestimate how fast technology can advance. Also, these are machines building machines, they can probably build more advanced computers a lot faster than humans can. Also, I doubt you have any information on how many FLOPs a Terminator can do.

4. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

I had to WTF a bit at weaver coming through the time bubble nude

5. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

That is a VERY good question :wtf:

6. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

I assume it needs to mimic organic tissue in order to pass through time? At any rate, Robert Patrick's T-1000 came through nude as well.

The more I think about it, the more I like this episode as a season finale. If it winds up being a series finale, I'll be quite disappointed--though not as disappointed as I was with TATV.

7. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ You know I was thinking TATV shortly after the episode concluded.

8. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

Great ending. When this show is good, it's really good. Unfortunately, when it's not good, it's full of a bunch of boring dead time. There are literally hours that could have been cut out of this last season.

Not sure if a tighter show would have made a difference in the ratings, though. It's such a niche concept, it's likely that it would not have survived for long, no matter what they did.

Fingers crossed for a third season, no matter how unlikely that is. (My guess is that we'll quietly hear that it's been cancelled about a week after Salvation opens.)

9. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

It actually isn't much of a problem if you think about it. Cromartie's chip port is currently vacant on John Henry. John Henry was being controlled through the redundant memory port on the back of the skull assembly. Cameron could have removed the portion of skin over the chip port on both herself and John Henry and then extracted her chip. John Henry would have then been able to install the chip on his own.

10. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Most likely. At the moment though it is not cancelled.

11. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Pretty great finale, series or season. I'd like them to renew it, but if it doesn't come back I think I'm satisfied with where things end up. It's the time paradox ending that I've wanted for the film series, but in reverse order. :)

12. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

so is Weaver gonna be John's "protector" if we get a season 3?

13. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ I wouldn't be opposed to that idea.

14. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep, I could see this too. Hush-hush the cancellation so it doesn't harm the movie's box-office mojo. That said, I'm sure any news of cancellation will leak onto the tubes of the interweb before an official announcement. The buzz I've heard on the movie isn't terribly encouraging as to quality of plot, though.

If the show does get cancelled, Fox TV and I are done professionally!

That said, would the probable axing of Craphouse potentially bode well for TSCC? I'm presuming Fox would prefer to keep one carryover show into the new season, though they could always aim low like UPN.

15. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Man they've really messed up the future, that's for sure....

So a lot of us were correct that John Henry was indeed the 'anti-Skynet'. What's unfortunately disappointing about this episode is that we have no clue what he really does in the future to change things. Obviously now there was no John Connor to lead the resistance, at least not right after Judgment Day. As others have mentioned, that was Allison Young in the final scene, not Cameron.

One theory that I have is that back in the future we were more familiar with, the 'Weaver' T-1001 did not join Connor's resistance because it was run by humans, and they were irrational. She therefore decided to go back in time to create a leader who could battle Skynet on a more direct level. This is why John Henry was created. Or something along those lines.

By the way, did anyone notice that throwaway line by the FBI agent about Miles Dyson's son going missing? I thought that was a bit odd. There has to be some reason why it was put in the dialogue. Maybe as a potential plot point for a Season 3?

Also, what was up with John Henry mimicking Weaver all the time in this episode?

16. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

She had to simulate an organic shell because, for whatever stupid reason, non-organic material doesn't transfer. That's why Cameron didn't make it; her internals were exposed.

Nevermind that organic materials like wool or cotton should be able to go through if hair, fingernails, and dead skin can. But... whatever. The organic bit is why she was "nude" when she appeared.

The weird part is that she seemed to have had to pick up clothes to put on after she arrived. Unless she wanted to mimic just having an overcoat on for whatever weird reason.

17. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Technically, Weaver could be the liquid metal that appeared on the submarine.

18. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

I think she simply duplicated whatever average resistance clothing she could recall.

19. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

She was. It was pretty much confirmed when Ellison mentioned to Cameron about the message. The producers also said we would learn Weaver's backstory.

20. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I just thought of something. I think I know who they should have leading the Resistance in the future:

Savannah Weaver or James Ellison.

Think about it. If Sarah does have Cancer - as suggested - those two are the only ones really knowing what will happen (well aside from Doctor Silberman). They should set it up that Savannah is leading the Resistance or Ellison is. Ellison is, after all, Savannah's protector in the present.