Power Rangers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by SG-17, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, "End Game" was pretty mediocre, like the whole season. It flirted with being a big event, but too much of it was just a routine battle, without the Megazords even coming into play. For a moment, it looked like it was going to be the kind of cliffhanger finale they had in the early seasons, where the Rangers were left without their powers and Zords at the end of a season, to pave the way for getting new ones the following season. But instead they got their destroyed morphers conveniently restored and they were back in costume at the end.

Not only that, but there was nothing really going on character-wise either. The only one who got any remotely interesting characterization was Metal Alice. So it wasn't much of a climax from that perspective either. Overall, this has been a weak season for characterization. They haven't done anything of note with the supporting characters, Ernie and the kooky teacher. And we barely know anything more about the Rangers as people, especially Troy, then we knew in episode 1. Even Samurai had more character development than Megaforce has had.

That said, the final moments of the alien armada attacking were pretty darn impressive. Hopefully next season will be at least superficially more interesting with the Legend War/anniversary stuff kicking in. At least I hope we've seen the last of Robo Knight, whose voice was seriously annoying.

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

That was like, 5-6 episodes of Goseiger plus some Gokaiger movie footage, plus an episode of Gokaiger rolled into one.

This 20 episode season thing is really stupid. I don't have high hopes for Super Megaforce.

In other news. "Neo Gailton"(Zeltrax and "Neo Grifforzar"(Goldar) revealed for Kyoryuger VS Go-busters

[​IMG]

3. Samurai8472

4. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

Apparently the Tokkyuger will be able to switch colors, that's why they have the numbers in their names instead of the colors.

There's a picture of a green ranger with the number 1 in the toy catalogue, at first I thought it was green changing from number 4 to 1 but instead it's number 1 changing from red to green.

5. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe Den-O will return for a movie with them. It's been years since he last showed up.

Judging by the designs, it's all Bandai now.

6. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

those suits look awful. and the toy looks like a brick.

7. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Sort of off-topic, but I was surprised to see PR creator Haim Saban having a discussion with President Obama when I was flipping through channels. They are speaking at the annual Saban Forum, which is organized by the Saban Center for Middle East Policy, which is apparently named after Haim Saban himself.

I had no idea he was so involved in this area. Interesting.

8. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ Interesting stuff. He seems like a big media mogul but I never hear about him in the media.

In other news, I've been watching Once Upon a Time and I was wondering who the actress playing Tinkerbell was. Then I finally looked her up yesterday and saw that it was Rose McIver from Power Rangers RPM. :eek:

9. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

I just finished rewatching Once a Ranger as part of an Operation Overdrive rewatch, and it's actually better than my initial impression of it had it being; it's not quite as good as Reinforcements from the Future, To the Tenth Power/The Power of Pink, and Thunder Storm (one of the few things I like about Dino Thunder), but it's still a solid team-up and a much better way to celebrate a PR anniversary than Forever Red, which just plain sucked.

I know a lot of fans have a problem with most of the Overdrive Rangers walking out on Hartford, but, honestly, I probably would've done the same thing.

Speaking of Overdrive, I've been guilty of 'group think' with regards to its quality and have had to revise my judgment of it. Like many other seasons (Mystic Force, Wild Force, Samurai, Ninja Storm), it's much better than people think it is and, and, qualitatively, is on par with Samurai, Zeo, Lightspeed Rescue, Turbo, etc. (which is to say 'Average'). It's not an Excellent season, but it's not a Poor season either.

10. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

11. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Tokkyu-Oh

[​IMG]

12. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Good grief, that's unwieldy. Even by Megazord standards.

13. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Better than the toy, but it still makes me think of a pan flute for some reason.

Likewise, the suits aren't impressing me - there's just so little character to them. And I know the chest icon is supposed to echo a rail map, it looks like someone sneezed on their outfits around the numbers.

Still, I've always had a weak spot for vehicular sentai, so this may yet grow on me...

Mark

14. Samurai8472

Hooray for miniatures

[​IMG]

Cast revealed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]http://i.imgur.com/F8YAXsD.jpg

15. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I like that megazord. It reminds me of Robotech's SDF-1. What I like is that it's different from the previous megazords. For years they've lacked imagination and you couldn't tell one from the other. I also like the train motif. I'm tired of cars and animals. I wonder what the English version will be called.

16. Samurai8472

In just 30 seconds we find out there's a western motif in the series

First Tokkyuger Promo

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXy6OIEup9k[/YT]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The foot soldiers are old fashion train robbers

17. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

The suits are good. The story and characters are going to be shit.

18. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Looks like boys and girls will be able to identify with the red ranger. :)

The railroad crossing sword is a nice touch but the zord(?) is a bit clunky. Don't think I could stomach PR these days but it's amazing it's still around twenty years later, I suppose the sentai source makes it pretty low-cost.

19. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

20. Samurai8472

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The mecha cockpit

[​IMG]

The Villains

They seem to have some sort of aristocratic grouping

Main villains right to left

-Baron Nero
    -Madame Noa
    -General Schwarz
    -Miss Greeta

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A mystery actor will play the conductor. He'll communicate through a puppet.

Wagon is the robot assistant

[​IMG]