TrekBBS Armada - The Foundry

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Timelord Victorious, Mar 2, 2011.

1. SilentP

SilentP Commodore Commodore

^ Cheers. I've already been looking at some of the tutorials that are linked to the Foundry on the Official website. No way would I have even attempted this without seeing how they're done.

2. SilentP

Well, I've got the hang of the Foundry mechanics well enough to do what I'm intending for this mission*, with a BIG thank you to all the advice given on the UGC website (anywhere where I can plug how much that site is a help?)!

Hopefully, this should be done in a couple of days.

*Though in all honesty this mission is FAR different from the one I originally planned to write, going from a vague parody mission to an investigation :p

3. SilentP

Ok, I've published the mission (it's called 'The Sour Milk Run') and I wanted to check to see how it runs outside of the Foundry and it doesn't seem to be available to me, even though it's published according to the Foundry. Is there a time delay before it become available, or am I not able to play the mission myself as the author?

4. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

I can access it.

It still needs 5 reviews to be publicly visible.
    maybe you need to sign up as a reviewer first.

5. SilentP

Yup, needed to become a reviewer to see it. Thanks :) Now I'm nervous to see how torn apart this mission gets...constructively of course. :p

6. Timelord Victorious

First thing: Players instantly forget where a mission starts. so you might wanna include that info into the Mission in progress description or even the first objective in the journal.

As it's now I have to drop it and pick it up again.

Most players won't do that.

7. syberghost

syberghost Commander Red Shirt

STO official forums community moderator emeritus
    Not to toot my own horn, but that's tip #9 on my article, linked above. It's really a must read for new Foundry authors. :)

8. SilentP

That's the first thing I've noticed on the playthrough so far. Annoyingly, when testing it on the Foundry it lists the location as an objective but not in Holodeck server play.

9. SilentP

I saw your review, Timelord Victorious, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

You bring up a valid point that the Player captain ends up more the announcer to the boffs statements and theories, any suggestions how to script it that the captain is more an active participant in the investigation?

I've also released an edit of the mission with the location in the first objective and mission description.

10. Timelord Victorious

I would have liked a dialog option that gives me the opportunity to name the culprit myself before my doffs do the work for me.
    If I make the wrong pick, my Boffs could still correct me nd give me a different choice.

11. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just an FYI, but I created a short "patrol" mission at the Academy. It's called Academy Infiltration 1, and it's a mission where you and your away team kill three groups of Klingons and then disarm a bomb.

The entry point for the mission is a bolder at the north end of the campus, by the pond near the doff building.

It needs reviews, so I would appreciate any reviewers among us try it out. I have no idea at this point if it will qualify for the officer reports when season 7 goes live, but it isn't a one kill mission, and it shouldn't even take five minutes.

Heck, the swordmaster even killed me when doing a walkthrough, so it's definitely not a cake walk.

12. Timelord Victorious

I just pushed the mission into the public.

And yeah, it was a little on the easy side.

First group I just nuked. They all insta died on the first volley. :D
    Second was a little tougher but my powers were still on cooldown. ;)
    Third was allright thanks to the swordmaster, but he made the mistake to run into my Mk XII Pulswave Blast.

13. Vendikarr

Thanks

14. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

What's the mission's name?

15. Jim Gamma

Jim Gamma This space left blank intentionally. Rear Admiral

Try reading properly. First para - it's called Academy Infiltration. ;)

16. Vendikarr

I created "Academy Infiltration 2" on holodeck. It has four fights with Orions, and a defuse bomb. It can be found at the end of the right hallway in the corridors behind the exchange at the academy.

For the reviewers among us, please take a look. It's nothing special, but I hope it meets the rules for the new officer investigations.

17. Vendikarr

I saw this quote on the STO forums. I guess my short missions are too short.

Asking for sixty minutes to qualify for the Investigate officer reports is ridiculous. I complete a cluster exploration in 30 to 45 minutes which earns me the same amount of dil.

18. Timelord Victorious

You can combine it with the new Spotlight daily, so you get dilithium for both. That should even it out.

Of course that means, one of the three has to be from a smaller collection of missions and if you do it indeed daily, will repeat once every month or so until they build up a lot more spotlights.

19. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I'm trying to plot out a reunification story between Vulcans and the Romulan Republic. Right now, I am trying to figure out what each faction would feel about reunification. The Tal'Shiar and Sela's faction is definitely against. D'Tan, being leader of the Romulan Republic, was also Spock's student so he is definitely a strong pro-reunification voice. By that extension, I believe the Romulan Republic would be pro-reunification.

As for the Federation, am I right to assume that they would feel that reunification is an internal matter between the Vulcans and Romulans. So the Prime Directive of non-interference would apply? Meaning they would not do anything official to further reunification?

That leaves the Remans. I have no idea how they, especially their leader Obisek, feel about reunification. What do you guys think? Would the Remans support the Romulan Republic in attempts at reunification?